IJN Opponent wanted

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

IJN Opponent wanted

Post by Luskan »

Have just had 2 PBEMs "Finish" and am currently thoroughly enjoying the mad scramble to survive against an experienced IJN opponent (early '43).

So I would like to start (yet) another game with me as the Allies scn 15 or 17 (pref. 17), 100% (or more) committment both sides, damage control on, ijn sub doctrine up to you, variable reinforcement, no resigning in the first 100 turns no matter how many ships we loose (To be honest I think I'd only ever surrender if I was unable to continue playing, not because I was loosing).

At least 1 turn minimum per 24 hours - so preferably an Aussie opponent (but not necessarily). In the next 4 weeks I'm finishing up my last degree and will be studying/working etc. so I probably won't be able to do much more than a couple of turns a night, however after November, turn rate will probably increase to 5 or 6 turns a night (if possible).

Note: Do not use savegame slots 6, 8, 17 or 20.
Second Note: Any information you receive from me in an email is likely to be misleading/bluffing/downright lying/the truth.

Email me (don't send P.Ms, I never check them).
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Post by Raverdave »

Well I have 7 PBEMs running at the moment (two are on hold) so I guess one more would not hurt. To tell you the truth, I have never played from the IJN side, so it should be interesting. I will get the turn together and Email it to you on Sunday. Scen 17 it is.
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Drongo
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:03 pm
Location: Melb. Oztralia

Post by Drongo »

Posted by Luskan
Second Note: Any information you receive from me in an email is likely to be misleading/bluffing/downright lying/the truth.


Well, you and Raver should get along famously.
Have no fear,
drink more beer.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

heh . .

Post by Luskan »

May as well, doomed mantis is away for the weekend for you too huh Raver?
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Post by Raverdave »

Yeah...Doomed is wawy....just as well, I need the break from him.........he is hand my balls back to me on a silver plater, and I could do with the rest!
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Post by Raverdave »

Originally posted by Drongo



Well, you and Raver should get along famously.
All is fair in love and war;)
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
Luskan
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Down Under

;)

Post by Luskan »

Ask doomed how he's doing against me! ;)

Truth be told, my one-brigade defense at PM WHOOPING his "big-bad-***" ija regiment in week 1 of the campaign and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.
With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?ImageImage
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Re: ;)

Post by Raverdave »

Originally posted by Luskan
and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.


........................he does now;)
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: ;)

Post by DoomedMantis »

Originally posted by Luskan
Ask doomed how he's doing against me! ;)

Truth be told, my one-brigade defense at PM WHOOPING his "big-bad-***" ija regiment in week 1 of the campaign and sinking 10 or 15 transports along the way was a bit of a fluke, but he doesn't know that.

you bastaRd, it was those **** subs that got me, and i still cant believe that one brigade managed to decemate my brigade with a shock attack on its first day on the beach
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by DoomedMantis »

I bet Luskan never told you about when he lost PM a few weeks later, and how noone survived. That felt good. Now all I need to do is completely reorganise myself so i can attack again
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
User avatar
DoomedMantis
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by DoomedMantis »

Also Luskan, have you told Dave what great swimmers your CV crews were? How many did you lose in that battle?
I shall make it a felony to drink small beer.

- Shakespeare
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”