Road To Moscow

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by DuckofTindalos »

And Good Lord, how it sucked...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
marcusm
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Göteborg/Sweden

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by marcusm »

Well, there wasn't that much to choose from. Maybe it sucked more once you had something to compare with ;).

Not a TOAW of course.
Deus Vult.
User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by ravinhood »

RTM would have been a crap game anyways that's probably why it never got published or finished. They don't abandon great games yah know, just the sorry ones.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


marcusm
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Göteborg/Sweden

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by marcusm »

I think so too. It was the wargaming equivalent of MOO3, that is the state it would have been released in, if ever released :).

Marcus
Deus Vult.
sullafelix
Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:17 am

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by sullafelix »

I don't agree RH. I've seen plenty of great games down through the years stopped in mid life because of market change or perceieved market change. More than a few game series were also killed by their companies because of poor sales or mergers. Than you have the series that should die because the companies killed them. Take COD4 it is the most awful crap. The first COD was a tremendous game singleplayer and multiplayeer but since then all they have cared about was multiplayer with idiot NPC's thrown in. The newest Fear is also quite bad the original was the best shooter I had ever played. Now the AI can't even walk. Although from what I've read the original Fear team is onto another project and the company that had the rights to it are the ones who messed it up.
 
Back on the subject, I bought all of the UMS's when released because all of their ideas were great. The battles and campaigns were ones that for the most part still haven't been redone. To bad they couldn't make them work on a computer. For shear volume of great wargames the mid 1980's was the best time. Only within the last year with mostly Matrix's help are we approaching the amount of choice we had then. I still can't believe that some designers can't make games as well as some people could with just a C64 to work with.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
marcusm
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Göteborg/Sweden

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by marcusm »

My dream would be for Sid Meier to redo Operation Crusader. What a fantastic game (for its time).

He could do that instead of making kiddie remakes of everything.

marcus
Deus Vult.
User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by ravinhood »

Yeah now Operation Crusader was the perfect been n pretzels game of the 80's. I really enjoyed that one. I liked it better than the desert one or the stalingrad one for some reason. I think because it felt more like AH's d-day than any of the others. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, didn't you get a choice of landing sites in OC like you did in AH's D-Day or am I just dreaming that?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


User avatar
ravinhood
Posts: 3829
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:26 am

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by ravinhood »

Who played "Ancient Art of War in the Skies"? lol I think that game was about as fun as one could get for another beer n pretzels type of game. I got a kick out of the animated flying combat sequences that changed the trenchline as you won and lost. I had some lopsided U shaped lines I want yah to know playing that one. Quite fun though.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?


User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by bairdlander2 »

User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by bairdlander2 »

oops,guess it wasnt
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by diablo1 »

At least Road To Moscow was never sold.

Not true I have a copy of a released version. It plays like Operation Crusade. Here's site: http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6392&d=30

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
Phatguy
Posts: 1348
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:08 pm
Location: Buffalo,ny

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: diablo1
At least Road To Moscow was never sold.

Not true I have a copy of a released version. It plays like Operation Crusade. Here's site: http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=6392&d=30


You are thinking of the 64 version..That one was about 10 years earlier.
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by bairdlander2 »

I was thinking of the 64 version as well,it was pretty screwy,east was the top of the monitor,map was sideways.I liked the random events,such as Hitler gets assasinated or Africa Corps defeats the british and gets sent to eastern front.
User avatar
SlickWilhelm
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by SlickWilhelm »

Ah, this thread brings back some memories. Wonder what ever happened to "Ravinghood". Yes, I misspelled it on purpose. Did he get banned or just leave? 
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
User avatar
sterckxe
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:09 am
Location: Flanders
Contact:

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm
Ah, this thread brings back some memories. Wonder what ever happened to "Ravinghood". Yes, I misspelled it on purpose. Did he get banned or just leave? 

Ban. Everyone cheered.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by DuckofTindalos »

There were fireworks and canapees...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by bairdlander2 »

I think he came back under a different name.I think he was banned under the new name as well.
diablo1
Posts: 994
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by diablo1 »

As I recall you got banned not to long ago didn't you bairdlander? [:)]
X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!
User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by bairdlander2 »

Thats right,but I didnt come back under a different name,like some people.[:D]
Phatguy
Posts: 1348
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:08 pm
Location: Buffalo,ny

RE: Road To Moscow

Post by Phatguy »

I miss him sometimes...It got a bit boring after he got permabanned....But I understand why he did...
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”