GC 41 2ndAcr (G) vs Kelblau (S) No Kelblau

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

User avatar
PeeDeeAitch
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:31 am
Location: Laramie, Wyoming

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by PeeDeeAitch »

ORIGINAL: Ketza

Maybe he is busy in real life with a new girlfriend.

It happens!

Oh god, the death of a high school wargame group - one of the members actually getting a girlfriend!
"The torment of precautions often exceeds the dangers to be avoided. It is sometimes better to abandon one's self to destiny."

- Call me PDH

- WitE noob tester
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

ACTION!!!!

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 38

And we finally have some action. He launched 3 attacks on the last official blizzard turn. Took about 20,000 casualties to my 3000. But he managed to throw me back in 1 hex.

4th Panzer Army is almost to 100% strength. I am refining my attack options, narrowing down to 2 locations for break thru's.

Image
Attachments
Northturn38.jpg
Northturn38.jpg (367.12 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: ACTION!!!!

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 38 battle results

Image
Attachments
Battle.jpg
Battle.jpg (147.7 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: ACTION!!!!

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 38

Possible break thru plan. Site number 1 will receive the 2 and 3 Panzer Army's. Site 2 will receive the 1 and 4 Panzer Army's. They are the weakest locations I can find. I should be able to blast a 3 hex wide hole in each location and then blitz thru. Then we will see how he reacts to that.

We have snow this turn. Almost pulled the trigger just to see what happens, but I want maximum firepower for maximum shock. So will hold back until everything is ready.

Image
Attachments
possiblebreakout.jpg
possiblebreakout.jpg (403.23 KiB) Viewed 286 times
randallw
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 pm

RE: ACTION!!!!

Post by randallw »

Those virtual RR/construction units are going about their business completely oblivious as to all the firepower on both sides of them. [:D]
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: ACTION!!!!

Post by 2ndACR »

Hey, my guys are supermen. They push the boundary, plus I promised them protection. LOL
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: GC 41 2ndAcr (G) vs Kelblau (S) No Kelblau

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 39

Blizzard turn. Now we see if he hits me again up north.

4th Panzer Army begins arriving south of Kiev. 1 Corps in area, 2nd will arrive over next 2 weeks from Germany.

Looks like he shifted some troops to the southern hole, but the hole near Gomel is still weak. I think my offensive is still do-able. I am going to hold further recon flights until I am almost ready. I might increase them in the Central and Northern Zones.

Plan as of now, 17th and 11th Army will blast hole in southern sector. 1st and 4th Panzer Armies will move thru and north.

2nd Army and Dark Blue (always forget that army name) will blow hole in Gomel sector. 2nd and 3rd Panzer Army to move thru and head south.

6th Army will move to the east and take up blocking positions along the pocket. Allies will hold level 4 forts along the far south. All other units will hold what they have in level 4 forts.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 40

Mud, the build up continues. Only 500 rail points this turn, so 1 Corps stuck in Germany. 1 Panzer Div just arrived and stuck in Germany.

2nd, 6th, 17th start moving into the buffer zone to take up assault positions. This will be an all infantry affair for a few weeks.

2nd and 3rd Panzer Armies start the move to Gomel area.

AGN begins stretching out the defense line which allows everyone to shift south. Hopefully free up another Corp or 2 for use.

11th Army begins shifting north.
User avatar
cookie monster
Posts: 1690
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Birmingham,England

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by cookie monster »

Make sure you detrain your guys at the end of the turn otherwise the railpoints are a lot less at the start of the next turn.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Dang, where were you about 2 turns ago. I did not know that.
randallw
Posts: 2060
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 pm

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by randallw »

[:'(]
User avatar
cookie monster
Posts: 1690
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Birmingham,England

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by cookie monster »

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Dang, where were you about 2 turns ago. I did not know that.

I'm playin a 42 + GC as the Soviets

Say I have 100 K rail cap

I move my tank army as far as I can go, to no SP? left outta 100

Next turn my rail cap is around 30 K as the tanks are still entrained

So it's nice to know, as it effects large troop movements
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Must be nice, I have 24-30 thousand if I am lucky each turn.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 41

I am about to hurl my army into battle.

I will be throwing 21 Panzer Div, 15 Motorized, 3 Ally Armor and 2 Allied Motorized Div into the breach. The attack will commence with in the next 3 turns. 4th Panzer Army is across the Dnepr in my buffer zone, 1st Panzer there also.

2nd and 3rd Panzer Armies are massed near Gomel.

I will hurl 4 infantry armies to try and blast a hole for my armor.
User avatar
kfmiller41
Posts: 1063
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:00 pm
Location: Saint Marys, Ga
Contact:

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by kfmiller41 »

This will be fascinating to watch, i could never in my wildest dreams not attack in the winter, after getting the snot beat out of me and running for my life for 4 months[8|].
You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Turn 42.

Prep continues for offensive. All armor units minus 1 Div that just arrived are now over the Dnepr and preparing for action. I have identified my area's I will punch thru. If I can get a big hole, there are about 100 units that can possibly be bagged.

First we see the northern operation of my offensive.

Image
Attachments
NorthPen.jpg
NorthPen.jpg (386.68 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Now the southern Operation

Image
Attachments
SouthPen.jpg
SouthPen.jpg (396.62 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

And now the enlarged map of the 2 operations.

Image
Attachments
Enlarged.jpg
Enlarged.jpg (374.47 KiB) Viewed 286 times
User avatar
cookie monster
Posts: 1690
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Birmingham,England

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by cookie monster »

Not wanting to put your plans on hold but...

Have you attacked in mud before?

Your CV will be halved

The casualty figures will be horrendous

Your armour will be slowed by the +2,3???etc movement cost

Your armour recovery from damage condition is at a very low percent

Have you considered any of these? Are they already factored in?

I am only expressing genuine concern!

Maybe you are aware, maybe not.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: BLIZZARD IS HERE

Post by 2ndACR »

Nope, holding back until mud over. I don't so anything during mud. I barely let my infantry move during mud.

He has not changed his front in 5-6 turns, so still waiting.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”