Bombing!

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Machean
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Bombing!

Post by Machean »

How come the JU-87B-Stuka drops 24 bombs on a strafing run when it only caries 5 bombs?
1*250kg
2*50kg
2*50kg

When it comes down on my troops it drops 4 sets of 6 bombs and they are all big explosions, as if they where all 250 kg bombs!
Has this happened to anyone else? I got version 4.4 complete. Thanks for a atherwise GREAT game!!!

------------------
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Lou
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Central Maine
Contact:

Post by Lou »

Originally posted by Machean:
How come the JU-87B-Stuka drops 24 bombs on a strafing run when it only caries 5 bombs?
1*250kg
2*50kg
2*50kg

When it comes down on my troops it drops 4 sets of 6 bombs and they are all big explosions, as if they where all 250 kg bombs!
Has this happened to anyone else? I got version 4.4 complete. Thanks for a atherwise GREAT game!!!
This may belong to the "Stupid Question Department", but.... Do you have the ammo limit turned off? I haven't tried this yet with SPWAW, but in earlier incarnations of Steel Panthers, turning off the ammo limit turned the aircraft into Super Death Machines From Hell. In SPII, I watched a/c leave a swath of napalm death 6 hexes long. During the Yom Kippur (sp?) campaign, the desert would be crisscrossed by walls of fire and long lines of bomb craters.

Just checking...

Lou
Machean
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Machean »

Yes I got ammo limit turned off, this could be the problem as you mentiond, but isn't it going to be fixed? I mean I got no real chance when a fighter/light bomber becomes a flying death wish!!!Bombing the hell out of everything. I could understand if it was a Heinchel or Junker but it's not so... Image
Thanks anyway, maybe I will turn that ammo limit back on.

------------------
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Lou
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Central Maine
Contact:

Post by Lou »

Originally posted by Machean:
Yes I got ammo limit turned off, this could be the problem as you mentiond, but isn't it going to be fixed? I mean I got no real chance when a fighter/light bomber becomes a flying death wish!!!Bombing the hell out of everything. I could understand if it was a Heinchel or Junker but it's not so... Image
Thanks anyway, maybe I will turn that ammo limit back on.
Once you turn ammo limit back on, planes dropping bombs will should only kill the usual amount of troops you desperately need to complete your mission. ;-)

When buying support units, it's usually a good idea to by anti aircraft resources. Even if enemy a/c fail to show up, AA polishes up enemy infantry to a treat.

Remember: Lead overhead is better than lead IN your head.

Lou

Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Makes sense to me...WB
==============
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”