Diverse Worlds v19 - Shandar
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Agh, the wait...
Oh well, gotta play some Cave Story. I was such a complete idiot that I found this game just couple a days ago. Was I ashamed of my ignorance? Words can't describe it. [:(]
Oh well, gotta play some Cave Story. I was such a complete idiot that I found this game just couple a days ago. Was I ashamed of my ignorance? Words can't describe it. [:(]
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Heres a quick preview, a Resupply, Cruiser, Destroyer, Cap and that small one at the bottom is Passenger.
It's quite a hard set to work with as the ships come out roundy and bumpy, as evidenced by the Resuuplyship design [:D]

It's quite a hard set to work with as the ships come out roundy and bumpy, as evidenced by the Resuuplyship design [:D]

- Attachments
-
- ShandarPreview.jpg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 490 times
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
That's the Shandar all right. Roundy and bumby, they kind of remind me of a mini cooper for some reason. They are totally awesome, WoodMan, good work. [:)]
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Yup, looks good! Mini cooper you say, Igard? Shandars would love Mini coopers if you ask me.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Your shandar set reminds me of the old DW shipset for the Teekan. Very nice work woodman! just found and Dl'ed your set today and it is top notch!! Love how all of the races are unique! Can't wait to see what you do with the Atuuk!! [:D]
- NefariousKoel
- Posts: 1741
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:48 am
- Location: Murderous Missouri Scum
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
ORIGINAL: Igard
That's the Shandar all right. Roundy and bumby, they kind of remind me of a mini cooper for some reason. They are totally awesome, WoodMan, good work. [:)]
LOL!
Nahhh! Maybe a Geeksquad VW bug. [;)]
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Hey all! Some random other stuff I'm working on. An ancient Shakturi wreck and a large and medium pirate ship.
Shandar about 50% done. All ships done except Freighters and Miners. Need to do all bases too. I've been slacking off [:D]

Shandar about 50% done. All ships done except Freighters and Miners. Need to do all bases too. I've been slacking off [:D]

- Attachments
-
- randompreview.jpg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 491 times
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Just want to reiterate how awesome this all looks Woodman! I think that you are definitely improving your designs over time, by the way [:)]
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Shakturi woot woot! Too bad I cannot play as them [:(]
And I am just curious, do you have an order of races in witch you want to complete your set? Or is it just whatever inspiration for a certain race pops into your head first?
Just wonderin mainly cuz I am really looking forward to seeing what you will do with Atuuk to be honest [8D]
And I am just curious, do you have an order of races in witch you want to complete your set? Or is it just whatever inspiration for a certain race pops into your head first?
Just wonderin mainly cuz I am really looking forward to seeing what you will do with Atuuk to be honest [8D]
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Love the hell out of it so far.
wish I possessed half the creativity for this kinda thing you do!
wish I possessed half the creativity for this kinda thing you do!
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
I think (hope) it can be learned....or at least rubbed off so to speak [:D]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
haha data I hope so!! Must be awesome seeing AAR's with your own ship designs as being used as the default ships.
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Cheers Sean, yeah I think some of the newer stuff is a lot better than the first things I made. I've got a lot of practice I guess [:D] The Boskara are still my overall favourite set though [8D]
Raffle, the Atuuk will be the update after the Shandar one. The Shandar update might include one set of Pirate Ships and one of the ancient colonyships you find abandoned aswell as the ancient Shakturi wrecks. The Shakturi wrecks are different to the actual Shakturi ships, I made a concept of the actual Shakturi a while ago in the thread with all the big spikes coming out [:D]
Raffle, the Atuuk will be the update after the Shandar one. The Shandar update might include one set of Pirate Ships and one of the ancient colonyships you find abandoned aswell as the ancient Shakturi wrecks. The Shakturi wrecks are different to the actual Shakturi ships, I made a concept of the actual Shakturi a while ago in the thread with all the big spikes coming out [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
I don't know about this modding business, so how will the pirate sets work? Do the pirates use only their sets or mix the new ships with others? I've always kinda liked how pirates use random ships. Though, it would be cool if there would be major pirate factions with more role in the galaxy, like in Sins of a Solar Empire.
So Shakturis have "pre-war" wrecks lying around but make comeback on brand new ships, I assume. Sure sounds cool if so.
And about Atuuks: Make them super primitive. They are the "stupidest" race in DW so their ships should be simple blocks of metal with engines.
So Shakturis have "pre-war" wrecks lying around but make comeback on brand new ships, I assume. Sure sounds cool if so.
And about Atuuks: Make them super primitive. They are the "stupidest" race in DW so their ships should be simple blocks of metal with engines.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Well the pirate issue is something I was going to ask advice on. Here is how it works, pirate factions are assigned a escort, frigate, destroyer and cruiser ship I think. They always use the same ones but they are chosen randomly from the main factions ship graphics and the minor ship set graphics. The Minor sets ships are also found lying abandoned around the map. So the minor ships serve two purposes, abandoned wrecks (not in large debris fields, just solo ships) and pirates. I find it very rare that you find random small ships lying around, just the big ships, so its perfectly safe to make all the smaller ships from the minor sets look like pirate vessels. The question is should the large ship also look like a pirate vessel, because the pirates hardly ever build them, and you do find them lying around the galaxy abandoned. At the moment I've decided to make all three military ships in the minor sets the same theme as each other, but you won't always see pirates using them and you might find them laying abandoned (however, sometimes these are pirate traps anyway).
As for the colony ships in the minor sets, pirates never build them, so I'll just use this as an oppurtunity to make one off ships of their own style. You find them laying around the galaxy, presumably left over from the evacuation when the Shakturi first invaded in the distant past.
As for Atuuk, the only idea I have at the moment is a bit weird. You know those pod racers in star wars that have the engines flying out in front pulling the main craft along on cables, well I might try that, but don't know if I can do it yet as I haven't tried. For bigger ships I don't know, I'm thinking a really large engine perhaps, with a little cockpit [:D]
As for the colony ships in the minor sets, pirates never build them, so I'll just use this as an oppurtunity to make one off ships of their own style. You find them laying around the galaxy, presumably left over from the evacuation when the Shakturi first invaded in the distant past.
As for Atuuk, the only idea I have at the moment is a bit weird. You know those pod racers in star wars that have the engines flying out in front pulling the main craft along on cables, well I might try that, but don't know if I can do it yet as I haven't tried. For bigger ships I don't know, I'm thinking a really large engine perhaps, with a little cockpit [:D]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
I'm sure whatever you figure out for the Atuuk will be awesome
I'm split between you making the Shakturi super sleek and advanced looking, or all spiky and un-even. Maybe that would mirror the boskara too much? IDK! If you could make them look very advanced, yet very very evil looking that would be awesome. but in the end I am going to be amazed at whatever you end up with i am sure. And thanks for taking the time to do all of this!! It is truly amazing and makes this great game even better. [8D]
My favorite shipset is probably either the ungari or the ikkuro. I love how the ikkuro escort looks! I make a ton of them with high agility and better fuel storage just because a gang of them looks soo boss. Also, are you planning on revisiting some of the shipyards and bases or even some of the transport ships that look identical when you finish all of the shipsets? I really don't mind if you don't (as I am as i said very thankful you have done what you already have done in the first place), but was just curious.
Huge fan woodman, keep it commin!! [&o]
I'm split between you making the Shakturi super sleek and advanced looking, or all spiky and un-even. Maybe that would mirror the boskara too much? IDK! If you could make them look very advanced, yet very very evil looking that would be awesome. but in the end I am going to be amazed at whatever you end up with i am sure. And thanks for taking the time to do all of this!! It is truly amazing and makes this great game even better. [8D]
My favorite shipset is probably either the ungari or the ikkuro. I love how the ikkuro escort looks! I make a ton of them with high agility and better fuel storage just because a gang of them looks soo boss. Also, are you planning on revisiting some of the shipyards and bases or even some of the transport ships that look identical when you finish all of the shipsets? I really don't mind if you don't (as I am as i said very thankful you have done what you already have done in the first place), but was just curious.
Huge fan woodman, keep it commin!! [&o]
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
RaffleSnaffle, I ain't speaking on behalf of Woodman here, but if moi remembers correctly, he has stated that some sets will get updates after all major ones are complete. Just have to be patient.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
- RaffleSnaffle
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
oh ok I must have not seen that. Like I said I do not mind either way. Just curious of his plans 
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
His plans are vast and he's a one man company...kinda reminds me of Elliot [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
RE: Diverse Worlds v18 - Naxxilian/Human
Hey all! Just a quick progress update. Hopefully the Shandar will be available for DL quite soon. [:)] All is done except the mining ships and mining bases.
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking







