Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
What set you off ? You are kidding, right ? I thought it was a legitmate question.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: CV 2
Sounds like a personal attack to me. How many warnings do YOU get on this?
The World Wonders
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: CV 2
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: CV 2
Sounds like some people have "issues"...
Maybe they had an orc baby sitter when they were youngins [:D]
My issues are with cretins like you, Yamato Hugger.
Sounds like a personal attack to me. How many warnings do YOU get on this?
jwilkerson wrote (the fair warning thread): The next time we catch someone violating the rules - NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE - the rules will be enforced.
Apparently, that's not true. It seems that some five star members can keep doing what they want.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Common Guys I just dont want create tension because of my "pudic" question. When I mention the world "guild" It meant a certain degree of mentorism.
Such Five stars can be considered as mentors. So "the" mentor didnt like the idea then lets dropped it.
Regards.
Or we can settle the score with a short scenario.... HA hah ha... Now I just try to be the protogonist.......
Such Five stars can be considered as mentors. So "the" mentor didnt like the idea then lets dropped it.
Regards.
Or we can settle the score with a short scenario.... HA hah ha... Now I just try to be the protogonist.......
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Puhis, you really do a disservice with your hasty statement above. The moderators are probably watching this and hoping it will settle down and die on it own accord (which is a pretty good suggestion guys.... hint hint
) before they have to come in and play the heavy!! Either that or they haven't noticed yet.. As for the other statement.... There have been several high profile members who have taken holidays but the past is the past and we don't bring up things like that. The moderators are very committed to keeping this a friendly forum.
Unfortunately this thread was bound to degenerate into this sort of discussion as the concept of a "Guild" seems to imply a group of players with an agenda competing against another closed group of players. I see the AE players as a big happy family that enjoy playing both sides of the game and who are willing to share their knowledge and mentor the newbies....
At least that's been my experience in the past.... [:)]
Cheers,
Reg.
(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Reg.
(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
I see the AE players as a big happy family that enjoy playing both sides of the game and who are willing to share their knowledge and mentor the newbies....
At least that's been my experience in the past....
As a new player this has been my experience. Families have disagreements, and sometimes like to solve them with humour and a bit of name calling before they settle down into reasonable discussions. I've found this pretty entertaining, and things do seem to always settle down. Ultimately, if you do play this game, and spend all of this time learning it, you're probably going to go back to a reasonable stance just so you can concentrate on learning a bit more and sharing this info with others.
As for the original proposal, I agree with everyone who brought up the dual-sided, non-partisan players. I want to play BOTH in the GC. They are different challenges, each with shiny toys to play with and a different strategic agenda.
And by the way, we actually need each other to PLAY this game from both sides. There is mutual respect brimming over from the veterans here, and that is one of the things I like most about this forum.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: Reg
Puhis, you really do a disservice with your hasty statement above. The moderators are probably watching this...
My statement is based of several threads and posts, not just this one. It does seem that some forum members have different rules.
Or maybe the moderators are not watching this forum at all.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: Puhis
My statement is based of several threads and posts, not just this one. It does seem that some forum members have different rules.
Perish the thought...
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: guctony
Common Guys I just dont want create tension because of my "pudic" question. When I mention the world "guild" It meant a certain degree of mentorism.
Such Five stars can be considered as mentors. So "the" mentor didnt like the idea then lets dropped it.
Regards.
Or we can settle the score with a short scenario.... HA hah ha... Now I just try to be the protogonist.......
guctony , if you'd like a five star as a mentor, just ask them. I think most of what I call "The grandmasters" mentor on a regular basis. I know several mentor me. I rarely do a turn without discussing it with one. Also , don't make the mistake of equating a high post score (your five star) with a "grandmaster". Some of the deadliest opponents I've played had a score of one star or less. All the high postings mean is a person who is generally sociable.
You are trying to improve your game play , and that's very laudible. But the problem was/is , there is such a thing as trying to hard. I would very strongly suggest you look at the AAR colums, find a player that you admire, and ask him for help. If he's not willing to do a full blown mentoring , then perhaps he'll give you a few tips. Then find another person. And another. From each you'll learn.
Rather than do a "class-room", "guild", AFB or JFB club , the forum has developed into a apprentice-journeyman-master system. All you need to do is go find a master and ask him (or her , if Graffin's around) and ask them to take you on as an apprentice. You are a bright and eager sort, you'll have no problem finding one![:)]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: EUBanana
ORIGINAL: Puhis
My statement is based of several threads and posts, not just this one. It does seem that some forum members have different rules.
Perish the thought...
Gentlemen, it's not that Joe lets certain people slide, it's that he's one person with many,many duties. If you feel there is wrong doing going on it's YOUR responsibility to contact him and direct his attention to it. Don't complain DO SOMETHING
Otherwise quit complaining! [:)]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
If you don't like a post, press the "report" link at the bottom right of the post.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
right-o fellas.....
and the slidee consistently being the same guy is merely co-inky-dink as they say.
and the slidee consistently being the same guy is merely co-inky-dink as they say.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: EUBanana
Perish the thought...
well there are rules, and then there are rules....
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: Terminus
My issues are with cretins like you, Yamato Hugger.
seems like a borderline Tourette's response fella.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
guctony , if you'd like a five star as a mentor, just ask them. I think most of what I call "The grandmasters" mentor on a regular basis. I know several mentor me. I rarely do a turn without discussing it with one. Also , don't make the mistake of equating a high post score (your five star) with a "grandmaster". Some of the deadliest opponents I've played had a score of one star or less. All the high postings mean is a person who is generally sociable.
You are trying to improve your game play , and that's very laudible. But the problem was/is , there is such a thing as trying to hard. I would very strongly suggest you look at the AAR colums, find a player that you admire, and ask him for help. If he's not willing to do a full blown mentoring , then perhaps he'll give you a few tips. Then find another person. And another. From each you'll learn.
Rather than do a "class-room", "guild", AFB or JFB club , the forum has developed into a apprentice-journeyman-master system. All you need to do is go find a master and ask him (or her , if Graffin's around) and ask them to take you on as an apprentice. You are a bright and eager sort, you'll have no problem finding one![:)]
Wow I have ascended to a jedi master so long ago.....
seriously is this "master status" something official or more like an official unofficial fanclub thing?
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: sven
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve
guctony , if you'd like a five star as a mentor, just ask them. I think most of what I call "The grandmasters" mentor on a regular basis. I know several mentor me. I rarely do a turn without discussing it with one. Also , don't make the mistake of equating a high post score (your five star) with a "grandmaster". Some of the deadliest opponents I've played had a score of one star or less. All the high postings mean is a person who is generally sociable.
You are trying to improve your game play , and that's very laudible. But the problem was/is , there is such a thing as trying to hard. I would very strongly suggest you look at the AAR colums, find a player that you admire, and ask him for help. If he's not willing to do a full blown mentoring , then perhaps he'll give you a few tips. Then find another person. And another. From each you'll learn.
Rather than do a "class-room", "guild", AFB or JFB club , the forum has developed into a apprentice-journeyman-master system. All you need to do is go find a master and ask him (or her , if Graffin's around) and ask them to take you on as an apprentice. You are a bright and eager sort, you'll have no problem finding one![:)]
Wow I have ascended to a jedi master so long ago.....
seriously is this "master status" something official or more like an official unofficial fanclub thing?
Damned if I know. [&:] What I do know is that there are people who've been playing this game (or it's predessors , vanilla Witp and UV) , may have had a hand in development, or play testing , or simply played so many games that they reach a certain exaulted status. I personally refer to them as "Grand masters". You know who they are. They are the ones that can answer any question , solve any problem , and know pretty much anything you want to know about this games. A high post count does NOT automatically make you a grand master. Some people have high post counts from other games. Others (like myself) are just sociable people who post a lot---or like me, ask a lot of questions). I do not personally consider such people to be "Grandmasters".
But I have been VERY fortunate to have been tutored and mentored by such people , and been very lucky to have them play PBEM's with me. Generally they kick the living snot out of me , but I very much welcome that. You never learn as much from your victories as much as you do from your defeats. [:)] My personal greatest hope in this game . is to get more of these "G-masters" to play against me and further kick my but!

I have a theory that the more I get beaten , the further on the way to being a great player I am![:D]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ah so it is an unofficial fanclub thing so I am not a "grandmaster"....
though I was once a presence at the Spwaw forum I suppose.
though I was once a presence at the Spwaw forum I suppose.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
ORIGINAL: sven
ah so it is an unofficial fanclub thing so I am not a "grandmaster"....
though I was once a presence at the Spwaw forum I suppose.
I don't know. Are you a grand master? [&:] You and only you know. If you are , then would you care for a short scenario? [:D]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
i am the GrandMaster Joruus C'baoth......and these are not the droids you are looking for.......(wiggles fingers in your general di-rection)
[:)]
[:)]








