Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by jeffk3510 »

guctony


I understood what you were asking... Don't listen to all of the crap and attacks you're receiving. Like AW1Steve said... find a mentor and ask a lot of questions. There are people here who are NOT 5 stars and have a lot of knowledge.... 5 stars does not make a person a master IMHO...
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by bradfordkay »

Or just post your questions to the forum in general. The more who answer the more you will learn. If you're in a PBEM and don't want your opponent to read it all you need to do is add "XXX keep out" to your subject line. I think that only once in all the years WITP has been on the market has someone been caught violating such a request. If you don't trust your opponent, why are you playing him? 
fair winds,
Brad
CV 2
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:56 pm

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by CV 2 »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I think that only once in all the years WITP has been on the market has someone been caught violating such a request.

That was Marky. That doesnt count [:D]
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: CV 2

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I think that only once in all the years WITP has been on the market has someone been caught violating such a request.

That was Marky. That doesnt count [:D]


I don't see him around any more and saw his name mentioned a bit back. What is the dealeo there?
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by Nikademus »

marky got caught viewing his opponent's AAR and later admitted he had done so. He eventually apologized but people here have long memories. Many refuse to consider him as a PBEM opponent because of it.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by jeffk3510 »

I wouldn't want him as an opponent knowing that now either... Thanks for the response.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
guctony
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:56 am

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by guctony »

Thank your kind support and advices people. Nice to know nice people.

I do ask questions from time to time. But this game become more then a game for me. When I lost ship My day become different. I am an devoted Wargamer till I am 15. Which makes me 25 year of wargamer. But not once I played one game for more then 2 year with devotion. I just cant play any other game now. So dont worry I will be around. I just a curios person who wont end questioning till the end
"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
User avatar
Misconduct
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: sven
ORIGINAL: AW1Steve




So let's do our best to keep it rolling downhill, right? I see you still have a political statement for an avatar. How many complaints have you had about that? Both of you are stirring the muck. Enjoy it. Any hope of saving this thread is long since gone. Sorry Gulcony. [:(]

The problem is that it seems every time someone that is not "in the Terminaus club" goes an iota beyond what he finds acceptable suddenly their input is slagged and he has an episode oh and coincidentally somehow he is seldom called on his "charming hospitality".....

"world of warcrap".....

yeah definitely bridge-building input there....

All depends on the question Given, I can't remember if Terminus ever posted anything against me, I believe he pokes sarcasm at certain questions for obvious reasons and I agree with his "World of warcrap" answer. Honestly I find that the funniest thing anyones ever said here.
marky got caught viewing his opponent's AAR and later admitted he had done so. He eventually apologized but people here have long memories. Many refuse to consider him as a PBEM opponent because of it.

(in reply to jeffk3510

Can't be as bad as the guy in an old forum (can't remember the game its been awhile, i'm thinking Close combat or Panzer general" Some guy got busted for claiming to be a navy pilot, usually in a thread he'd talk about one of his deployments and someone that just happen to be a chief petty officer called him out on it. He was in a tournament at the time and ever player conceded their game with him just because they refused to play with a liar.

Lucky for us the Board admin decided to restart the tournament and booted him off, I don't forgive the guy myself, however in marky's case that was just terrible, I forgive the guy I mean at least he did admit what he done, however its really uncalled for to cheat, especially when you grow to respect some folks on here.

I'm no Veteran of WITP or any matrixgames, but I would hope some players keep the same respect I have for others.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I wouldn't want him as an opponent knowing that now either... Thanks for the response.

The other reason is that Markky has a well established track record of often starting many PBEM games (up to about half a dozen) almost simultaneously and then abandoning all of them shortly thereafter. Regulars to classical WITP and AE forums don't view him as a reliable long term opponent.

Alfred
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

ORIGINAL: CV 2
ORIGINAL: Terminus




My issues are with cretins like you, Yamato Hugger.

Sounds like a personal attack to me. How many warnings do YOU get on this?

He and a few others seem to get a free pass...........[8|]

Ooh, ooh! Can I get one??? I love free things! [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

ORIGINAL: HansBolter




He and a few others seem to get a free pass...........[8|]

I've seen him suspended numerous times. And here's a personal comment ," I've never seen you pass up an opportunity to stir it up". You didn't miss this one either. [:(]


and you as well it would seem....personally, I've been on the receiving end of so many of the personal attacks leveled by the regular trolls here that I do indeed take pleasure in responding to them in a manner that gets under thier skin....so long as I am capable of doing so I will continue to do so [;)]

[>:]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: CV 2

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I think that only once in all the years WITP has been on the market has someone been caught violating such a request.

That was Marky. That doesnt count [:D]

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

marky got caught viewing his opponent's AAR and later admitted he had done so. He eventually apologized but people here have long memories. Many refuse to consider him as a PBEM opponent because of it.
Heh... he actually was posting replies in his opponent's "no-Markys allowed" AAR.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by USSAmerica »

Why in the World of Warcrap am I still reading this thread???  [&:] [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by Nikademus »

yeah.....that was rather unwise. Mayhaps he was under the influence of a Dark Jedi.

User avatar
Misconduct
Posts: 1851
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: USS America

Why in the World of Warcrap am I still reading this thread???  [&:] [:D]

Maybe you are wanting to join our secret double probation fraternity. You must hate World of Warcraft and post on WITP:Ae threads.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

ORIGINAL: USS America

Why in the World of Warcrap am I still reading this thread???  [&:] [:D]

Maybe you are wanting to join our secret double probation fraternity. You must hate World of Warcraft and post on WITP:Ae threads.

Or the other certain Matrix double probation fraternity: getting involved with a former player who has been discussed , but must not be named (at least by me!). [:D]
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by jeffk3510 »


All depends on the question Given, I can't remember if Terminus ever posted anything against me, I believe he pokes sarcasm at certain questions for obvious reasons and I agree with his "World of warcrap" answer. Honestly I find that the funniest thing anyones ever said here.


I will agree. That was rather hilarious....and as for Marky. That is the same reason I DO not do PBEM. Would it be great? Sure. Do I have the time? Probably, but it wouldn't be consistant. So instead... I play the AI, my little boy craps his pants, and my wife yells because it is not cleaned up the instant it happens....
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
jwilkerson
Posts: 8272
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:02 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal

Post by jwilkerson »

I've been too busy - clearly.

Also - clearly - this one got out of hand. I'll have to come back and dissect further to see if addtional action is warranted.
WITP Admiral's Edition - Project Lead
War In Spain - Project Lead
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”