windows 7

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Post Reply
panzers
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 7:26 pm
Location: Detroit Mi, USA

windows 7

Post by panzers »

Can I buy it now for windows 7? The old version will not work. I want to buy the new updated version if I can.
User avatar
mbar
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

RE: windows 7

Post by mbar »

I'm running AWD in Windows 7. It works fine after you create a folder named "save" in C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\dat.
Deadfish59
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Deadfish59 »

I set up the folder, and have unable to save. I get the error unable able to save into slot (name I gave when promted) I have not been able to play. Any ideas, please?
User avatar
Wargamer74
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Wargamer74 »

Make sure your updated to the 1.040 patch. It seems that the image on both the download and cd image is missing the save folder. I bought the game back in 07 and never had this problem so it must be an issue with the newer released cd's. Hopefully matrix will correct it.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
Deadfish59
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Deadfish59 »

I have upgraded to the newest pacthed, but how do I double chech in game? The game was downloaded, not installed from disc.

Many Thanks
Deadfish59
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Deadfish59 »

To be clear: the games runs, but I choose not to play as I am unable to save. I really want to play and invest some time in some games. Hopefully there is an easy fix.



User avatar
Wargamer74
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Wargamer74 »

When you create the save folder are you placing it in the dat folder? Also for me I play on Vista 64 bit and turn off user account control. UAC can cause issues with older games that don't have the proper administrative privileges.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- Ben Franklin
Deadfish59
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 pm

RE: windows 7

Post by Deadfish59 »

Save folder in dat. That's the ticket.

Thanks again.
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”