Ok forget what you "like" what are you actually playing?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

slickric
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:16 am
Location: Miami
Contact:

Post by slickric »

Originally posted by Frank W.


you said it is great above....you mean compared to the price
is the value not good enough or so ???

and to HOI: i like very detailed games, the real time component doesn´t disturb me with EU1+2, which i like quite a lot, only to few units, bad combat model + not so good AI were major weak points IMHO.
Just that I think the expansion is a little short and I will be waiting until I get a better deal. I am playing HOI though so there is something good about this game or maybe there is nothing else for me to play at the moment. ;)
Image
Image
Frank W.
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Siegen + Essen / W. Germany
Contact:

Post by Frank W. »

H.O.I. is a funny game...
germany has won the war in 41
already.....

i think the OOB and so on
require some tweaking still...
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Well that is not really all that amazing Frank. I have seen that done in numerous wargames. And fairly.

Now if you had said Rumania had conquered the world, I would just chalk it up to yet another reason I won't be playing HoI any time soon.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
SLAAKMAN
Posts: 2556
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:50 am
Contact:

Post by SLAAKMAN »

STARCRAFT BROODWARS; ARMAGEDDON AND CLOSE COMBAT 3 "RR" MOD. FOR HIGH INTENSITY IN A BATTLE THAT LASTS FOR HOURS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE TWO. IM ALSO GOING TO GET A TOAW;COW "EUROPE AFLAME" BATTLE GOING SOON SO I WILL BE ACCEPTING CHALLENGES. ALSO I WILL BE DOING THE MAC/AMIGA VERSION OF "SECOND FRONT" AS SOON AS I CAN FIND A REPLACEMENT MAC OR MAKE THE MAC/PC CONVERSION SW WORK. ALSO PBEM AH "RUSSIAN CAMPAIGN" AND "FORTRESS EUROPA" ARE SET UP IN THE GAME ROOM AND READY FOR CHALLENGES. (www.boardgamers.org). IM ALSO FARTING AROUND WITH HEXWAR.COM AT THE MOMENT.

CCB- LETS RESUME THE BERLIN OP.
CHALLENGE IN CC3RR AFTER I DESTROY THE REMNANTS OF WESTERN REAPER THIS WEEKEND. MUHAHAHAHAHA!! YOUR NEXT! :p

LESSARGE- GIMME CLEOPATRA IMMEDIATELY!
SLAAKATTAK
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Man so many negative comments from me figure something positive won't hurt:)

I learned today that I can get Operational Art of War to run under the guise of Century of Warfare.

Faaaaaar Out.

So what it's old software, that didn't stop Steel Panthers from being a super hit game now did it?
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
Kraut
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Kraut »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1

I learned today that I can get Operational Art of War to run under the guise of Century of Warfare.

Faaaaaar Out.
How do you do that? Details, please! :)
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Ok I AM a trifle confused eh Kraut, I hope you understand, as I was told on the Warfare HQ forum by a guy named "Kraut" (who logically I could mistake for you hehe), that it was so, that Century of Warfare works fine on XP (thus allowing me to play Operational Art of War Vol.1 which is just a part of the COW package).

Is this not you man?

http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/showthr ... eadid=1106
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
Kraut
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Kraut »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Ok I AM a trifle confused eh Kraut, I hope you understand, as I was told on the Warfare HQ forum by a guy named "Kraut" (who logically I could mistake for you hehe), that it was so, that Century of Warfare works fine on XP (thus allowing me to play Operational Art of War Vol.1 which is just a part of the COW package).

Is this not you man?

http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/showthr ... eadid=1106
No it's not me. I'm obviously not the only German who thought of this nick.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”