Minesweeper switched sides

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
Scotty
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Minesweeper switched sides

Post by Scotty »

I'm playing #17 as the Allies vs. the AI Japs using v2.11 (started the game using 2.0). Last turn, I noticed one of my Allied minesweepers in a Japanese TF. It cleared some of my offensive mines, attempted to DC the Peto and was the target of a B-17 raid. Here is the AAR. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature (are ships allowed to defect?).

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR 12/09/42

Weather: Overcast

Sub attack near Shortland Island at 29,34

Japanese Ships
TK Genyo Maru

Allied Ships
SS Peto
DMS Long



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air attack on TF, near Shortland Island at 29,34

Japanese aircraft
A6M2-N Rufe x 3
A6M2 Zero x 3
A6M3 Zero x 6

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 19

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2-N Rufe x 1 damaged
A6M2 Zero x 1 destroyed
A6M3 Zero x 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress x 2 damaged

LTJG R.Sugiyama of DI-1 Daitai is KILLED

Japanese Ships
AP Kashiwa Maru, Bomb hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
AP Jusan Maru

Allied Ships
DMS Long

Attacking Level Bombers:
4 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
3 x B-17E Fortress at 6000 feet
User avatar
CapAndGown
Posts: 3078
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Post by CapAndGown »

Why is it always the DMS Long that defects? Do you think Humphrey Bogart is the skipper on that ship? :D
XPav
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:25 am
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Post by XPav »

Its a spy, just like the USS Long Island.
I love it when a plan comes together.
Scotty
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Post by Scotty »

Thanks for the answers guys. And thanks XPav for confirming the other thing I was wondering about (USS LI). Now I know that I'm not crazy and didn't somehow misplace a group of SBDs. I kind of picture it with a little sign that says "feed me". :D Do all CVEs exhibit this behavior or just the Long Island?
User avatar
Oleg Mastruko
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2000 8:00 am

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

Im sure it has something to do with Long Island being an entity in the game (I mean - geographic entity, ie - "beach").

The real problem is, if I am not wrong, that there are no "flags" for sides in equipment slots. IOW, there is no flag to mark Yamato as being "Japanese equipment", for a game it's just "equipment" and is prone to deflect should the game database get corrupted.

O.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”