ORIGINAL: E
ORIGINAL: Hertston
E, I think the White House have confirmed capture was not in the plan. The objective was to find him and kill him.
News to me (
surprising, and a bit
morally "wrong." But not sad or disheartening in this case. More like... "happy-making - jig dancing - happy feet - sort of crazy.").
ORIGINAL: Hertston
and c) would almost certainly have not provioded adequate proof of OBL's death.
The situation, as I've heard it, is a conspiracy theorist's wet dream already.
I do not see a moral issue. The Seal team did not have time to dig a hole, bury him to his waste, and then stone him to death. That would be morally acceptable in the Muslim world?
Putting a murderer to death is not a moral dilemma? I hope. [X(]
I have Muslim friends who are already claiming that the Seals did not kill UBL. And, they won't believe it until they see the pictures. Maybe then they will claim that the photos were doctored and UBL is still alive. Heck, how much of the population of the US believe that the moon landings were faked and Oswald was one of three shooters?
Still, it is better that, than have a "martyrs" grave for the nuts to focus on?
RR
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations