THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Schanilec
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Schanilec »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Well, I just got downsized. I suppose I should be happy that they didn't wait until my actual birthday to tell me.

I feel for ya' buddy. 2009: After moving into a new house with a new mortgage, then losing my dad; we had a third round of cuts (electrical engineering) and I forgot to duck. Eight months out of work. Wow, the stimulus really helped.
Even lost my log-in on this site and had to start over. Finally got on to a firm with guys that had I started my career back in 1987 (architecture). It is a year today. Still part time. But it is better than nothing.
Hang in there. I'm with you.

2012, when that twelve-year-old is out of the Whitehouse.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Terminus

It was eight months ago, Leo. I just got in the way of the spending cut cleaver.

But you were the guy who got every5thing organized and without who, after they tired, they saw they would be almost impossible to manage things... [:(]

This really sucks... [:(]

But maybe they will see you as indispensable for the 2nd time (and then you should ask for better salary)!


Leo "Apollo11"

I'll die before I put on that uniform again. If that were to happen, my reply would be unrepeatable in polite company.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Darn... darn... darn... [:(][:@]

After 3 weeks of waiting I finally got my SSD and HP cable and HP mounting bracket.

Since my 17" laptop has 2 drive bays (originally there is 1 TB 2.5" HDD inside) I wanted to put SSD in (for OS and all programs) and leave only data on HDD.

Unfortunately they send me the "Primary cable" instead of "Secondary cable" and I can't use 2nd drive bay... argh... [:(][:@]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Terminus

It was eight months ago, Leo. I just got in the way of the spending cut cleaver.

But you were the guy who got every5thing organized and without who, after they tired, they saw they would be almost impossible to manage things... [:(]

This really sucks... [:(]

But maybe they will see you as indispensable for the 2nd time (and then you should ask for better salary)!

I'll die before I put on that uniform again. If that were to happen, my reply would be unrepeatable in polite company.

RGR...


Best wishes on finding new job - fingers crossed!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

Sorry to hear about the job. That isn't any fun at all. Hope you find somethin' right away.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Well, I just got downsized. I suppose I should be happy that they didn't wait until my actual birthday to tell me.

bummer, T. getting news like that on a friday is piss-poor form...why not monday? they suck already...[:@]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Can't even eat dinner. It's like my throat is clogged up...[:(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

LOG!

Post by Nikademus »

tithe....


User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Nik! Welcome back! Hope you're well, dude. I believe you have some 'splainin' to do about how life's treatin' you, dude?
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Can't even eat dinner. It's like my throat is clogged up...[:(]
I'd recommend something with alcohol to chase that, T.
Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

loooooog...

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Nik! Welcome back! Hope you're well, dude. I believe you have some 'splainin' to do about how life's treatin' you, dude?

you know the old proverb-warning....."May you live in interesting times........"

Yes.....i guess i do......bit of a novel at this point......but there may be parts that arn't too boring.
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Well, I just got downsized. I suppose I should be happy that they didn't wait until my actual birthday to tell me.


Sorry to hear.....been there recently myself. I've only started working (well at least working for a wage vs. for free) middle of this week....and only part time at this point.

[:(]
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

How are you doing Nik!

Where are you now?

Any positive breakthroughs lately?


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Can't even eat dinner. It's like my throat is clogged up...[:(]

Sorry to hear about your job T, life doesn't seem fair sometimes.


Image
Attachments
AnimatedPi..edSmiley.gif
AnimatedPi..edSmiley.gif (1.46 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

Early morning(0630) tithe... welcome back Logboy(Nik), good to see about again. [:'(]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Nikademus »

.
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Sounds good, Nik! You're getting experience....that will help loads for the future.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Thanks for the update and best wishes for your continuing experience gaining and job hunting, Nik! Good to see you here again! [:)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
Schanilec
Posts: 4038
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Schanilec »

It'll pick up eventually. Like you Nik I'm part time. This week though I'll get 40 hours. Had a couple Air Force projects pop up. Grand Forks AFB and Cavalier AFS. For a while I was lucky to get 20 hours. A couple of weeks less than twelve. Could have made more on unemployment. I just couldn't do that again and hung in there. No Benies or vacation. But I'm doing what enjoy best. Great friends and co-workers; and a labrador at home doesn't hurt either.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec
But I'm doing what enjoy best.
Yer gettin' paid to hunt? [X(]
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”