Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
SViking
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:37 am

Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems

Post by SViking »

This is a possible bug. The manual states that a TF set to patrol will perform its mission until low on endurance or seriously damaged. However, my bombardment missions *always* revert to surface combat and return home even after only one round of bombardment.

Has anyone been able to successfully keep a bombardment mission on station for even two turns?
User avatar
Toro
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: 16 miles southeast of Hell (Michigan, i.e.), US

Post by Toro »

I've noticed that Bombardments always revert to Surface after one mission, but they don't always head to home port. Depends on fuel/ammo usage, I think. ???
User avatar
dpstafford
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:50 am
Location: Colbert Nation

Re: Bombardment/Patrol Mission problems

Post by dpstafford »

Originally posted by SViking
This is a possible bug. The manual states that a TF set to patrol will perform its mission until low on endurance or seriously damaged. However, my bombardment missions *always* revert to surface combat and return home even after only one round of bombardment.

Ships on a bombardment mission expend about half their heavy ammo on the target in one fire round, which almost by definition makes them low on ordinance. And puts them on a course for home.
SViking
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:37 am

Post by SViking »

Ah - I guess that may explain it. However, I have been able to force a TF back several (3-4) times manually, though I didn't pay attention to whether subsequent results we diminished. (I.e., a fleet couldn't using 50% of its current ammo each time should experience diminishing returns on the bombardment...or be out of ammo after the second bombardment if using 50% of its original ammo each time.)
User avatar
dpstafford
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 5:50 am
Location: Colbert Nation

Post by dpstafford »

Originally posted by SViking
I have been able to force a TF back several (3-4) times manually, though I didn't pay attention to whether subsequent results we diminished.

I believe that you would (or should) experience diminishing returns. To say nothing of what might happen to that TF if caught in surface combat with little or no ammo.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”