Of course I'm now thinking of making home made mac n' cheese.
Warspite1
Mmmmm Mac n Cheese - my favourite food in the whole wide world.....Thegreatwent, if you do make some I hope you use strong Canadian Cheddar. Three layers of cheese between two layers of macarroni. Then pour some milk on top and cook until brown.
Mmmmmmm I wish I hadn't gotten home so late, I really could do with some of that right now.....
I like Cabot's Cheddar http://www.cellarsatjasperhill.com/inde ... Itemid=135 I add sour cream and some milk along with dried minced onions and Worcestershire sauce. Bake with the elbow mac and a thin butter and breadcrumb top. Old Minnesotan take on a classic. Actually as a kid we would have used sharp local cheese or Wisconsin.
Surgery went well, 30 minutes in the OR, 6 stiches, one ace bandage and out the door. Doc said lay around for a couple of days and then I can start walking with a cane. Not bad.
Bad thing is this lap top doesn't have AE on it.....
Late afternoon tithe... Been working up another PBEM first turn(against Roger Neilson II), in DaBigBabes campaign-B this time. I have also done a PBEM turn and returned it in my game against Fallschirmjager, and ot feels good to have a full card. Because it cuts down on the time you have to sit and watch the inbox, waiting for a turn.
Attachments
type.gif (2.17 KiB) Viewed 272 times
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Surgery went well, 30 minutes in the OR, 6 stiches, one ace bandage and out the door. Doc said lay around for a couple of days and then I can start walking with a cane. Not bad.
Bad thing is this lap top doesn't have AE on it.....
Blockbuster video is running a deal through July 4th where you can get one non-new release movie on BluRay or DVD every day for free, after one regular rental. I've had quite a week, as I'm making good progress on my quest to see every movie that has won the Oscar for Best Picture. I've liked some more than others and enjoyed some more than others (two different takes in my book) but every one so far has been well deserving! Not a dud in the lot yet.
Watched for the first time this week:
Gone with the Wind - there was way more to the story than I thought, glad my wife picked this one out to get this current Best Picture run started. I loved Clark Gable and the Rhett Butler character. The English Patient - I've yet to see Ralph Fiennes in a role where I didn't like his performance. The Departed - I love a good mobster movie, and the "double spy" angle was fun. How can Nicholson play the same guy in so many roles and make me still enjoy watching it? Shakespeare in Love - I loved the idea of paralleling Romeo and Juliet in real life while it was being written. The King's Speech - watched with my wife earlier this evening. Rush/Firth/Carter all deserved their acting nominations! Just a great story. Crash - just finished watching it. It's Holy Sheet kind of powerful. Not everyone's cup of tea, but oh man, what a great movie.
Woken up by loud, repeated banging coming from the upstairs, resonating into my bedroom. Ran upstairs to see what was the matter. Son was in the kitchen stomping on the floor at 6:40am. He was frustrated with a massive LEGO creation of his missing a tiny piece and stomped the floor in frustration. At 6:40am.
Yup...nothing like sleeping in on a Saturday, eh parent THREADsters? [8|]