Direct X 9.0 Compatability?

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.
Post Reply
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Direct X 9.0 Compatability?

Post by WW2'er »

Just heard that Microsoft released Direct X 9.0 today. If I upgrade, do I risk breaking UV? Has anyone tried it yet?:confused:
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
User avatar
tanjman
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Griffin, GA

Re: Direct X 9.0 Compatability?

Post by tanjman »

Originally posted by WW2'er
Just heard that Microsoft released Direct X 9.0 today. If I upgrade, do I risk breaking UV? Has anyone tried it yet?:confused:


:D Why don't you be a nice little guinea pig and test it for us? ;)
Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.
Deathifier
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:09 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by Deathifier »

In theory there should be no problems.

In practice it usually takes a month or so for an 'a' or 'b' version to appear which fixes some minor issues.

I won't be trying it until the DX9 SDK arrives :)

- Deathifier
TomR
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:02 am
Location: Severn, MD

Post by TomR »

I tried it out DX 9.0 End-User Runtime this evening and as Ross found (differfent thread), there were no problems after kicking UV's little virtual tires.

Tom
TomR
Reiryc
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 10:00 am

Post by Reiryc »

DX9 is up and running...

I haven't found any problems with it so far.

I'm running win98 SE

Reiryc
Image
HawaiiFive-O
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:21 pm
Location: USA

Post by HawaiiFive-O »

No problems with DX9 here either.

Win98 SE.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”