Save game question in PBEM games

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
Bax
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:42 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Save game question in PBEM games

Post by Bax »

Howdy gents,

Is there any way to add another "slot 1" default save for the results of the previous turn?

Currently, I am playing only one PBEM game, but I am soon to add more. I would like to be able to keep each results file separate for each game, because I'm afraid I will make a mistake and accidently overwrite that sav001.uvs before I send it out. Easy enough to do with the actual game file, but how come the turn results file only use slot one?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have something like this:

bax_vs_toro_sav001.uvs
bax_vs_Inigo_sav001.uvs

etc....

Am I stuck with using sav001.uvs for every PBEM game?
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

i had brought this up long ago as it prevents the use of the pbem manager by Hari Pesonen. there is only one way to play multiple pbem games and that is to load, play and send each game one- at- a- time although maybe others have discovered another way.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

slot 001

Post by mogami »

Hi, I download 2 PBEM turns at a time. 1 where I am Japanese and 1 where I am allies. I do the allied turn first
Watch replay, make orders
Then Japanese

This way I see the replay in one game and overwrite it the next.
If you download 2 pbem games as allies you keep one game in folder untill you finish a turn.

you can not do 2 turns as Japanese with out sending the first game out before doing second (you'll overwrite) unless you move combatreplay into a new folder) (then you'll have 2 new replays to send)
I have a folder in Save folder for every PBEM game.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Bax
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:42 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Post by Bax »

Mogoami, if I understand you correctly...you create a separate folder in the SAVE folder for each PBEM game that you are the Japanese. This way, you can just copy the combatsave to each folder without having to send the turn right away. This prevents accidental overwrite of the combatsave of your Japanese games.

Sounds like a good plan, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the replies, gents.
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”