ORIGINAL: sillyflower
ORIGINAL: Alfred
No, on balance I do believe you wouldnot have your client's best interests, nor your own, were you to deviate from the time honoured billing standards.
Alfred
True. I assume you too are from UK as north american lawyers bill in 15 minute time units [&o]
You can PM me your bank details so that I can be suitably remunerated for perusing and replying to your emails. Emails which are of course very insightful which is why I have had to spend so much time considering them with equally expensive colleagues.
Your knowledge of both billing practices and tax matters makes me think you must be an accountant.[>:]
Hmn, sounds like I might have to tax your bill.
I do find the North American contingency fee basis to be somewhat more honest. Sure a 33% success fee is somewhat high but at least you don't have to pay photocopying charges or for telephone conversations. Whereas on a time basis, there is often
just a whiff of padding a bill scent.
I don't own or wear a cardigan, so no, I am not an accountant, not that there is anything wrong with that profession.
As to bank details, let me first peruse the latest obituarys and open an account with a Lagos ISP. I'm sure between the two of us we can circumvent the Inland Revenue Service.
Alfred