EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
seii taishôgun
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 am

EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by seii taishôgun »

I'm running 1108p8 and last turn I successfully took Kuching, Borneo. I looked at the four LCU @ Kuching and they are all down 1 experience point.

I thought troops built experience through combat... Am I doing something wrong, is this WAD, or is the program subtracting an experience point instead of adding?

ST



Image
Attachments
losingexp.jpg
losingexp.jpg (124.42 KiB) Viewed 229 times
Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by USSAmerica »

Did the LCU's take on replacements?  They will lower the average experience rating of the unit.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
seii taishôgun
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 am

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by seii taishôgun »

I don't *think* they received any replacements... I mean - where would they get them? It says on the window that replacements are delayed.

The TF unloaded on the 19th and is still in the harbor unloading supplies on the 21st. My LCU performed a deliberate attack on the 20th and took Kuching. On the 21st I'm looking at the combat units as I set them to move to Sambas by land and I see they have all lost 1 EXP point. That's two infantry Bn., 1 combat engineer Bn., & 1 armoured recon unit.

Maybe I just caught a bad roll of the dice?

ST
Image
User avatar
michaelm75au
Posts: 12467
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by michaelm75au »

Combat increments the exp - there is no decrement to exp in the code during combat.

Adding replacements, merging fragements or subunits, will rework the experience value.
In the case of merging fragment/subunits, it is possible for the parent unit's exp to go up if the merging units had higher exp. For replacements, it is more likely to go down.
The fact that the message says 'Replacements Delayed' tends to suggest that it recently got some.
Michael
User avatar
seii taishôgun
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:37 am

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by seii taishôgun »

Thanks for explaining the message. I had assumed that the reason the units show missing squads was that they had taken damage during the battle on the 20th and that any replacements would be delayed as it would take a few days by sea (or maybe 1 day by air transport) to bring in fresh meat.

The other thing that had me scratching my head was that all 4 LCUs dropped as single EXP point. It jus seemed - a little weird [8|]

ST
Image
User avatar
michaelm75au
Posts: 12467
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by michaelm75au »

There may even be a message in the Ops report on that turn saying that the unit took replacements.
Michael
jmalter
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:41 pm

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by jmalter »

would the act of unloading to the hex from multiple ships (& maybe it took 2 days to unload everyone) count as 'merging fragments' for the purpose of exp change?
User avatar
michaelm75au
Posts: 12467
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: EXP on LCU go down after a successfull attack

Post by michaelm75au »

Yes
Michael
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”