Great Game
Great Game
Hi Matrix and Codeforce,
I just wanted to congratulate you on this GREAT game. I am an old time MOO, GalCiv, etc. player and recently I lost my motivation to play a lot of Computer Games. Neither Sword of the Stars, nor SoSE or similar games could motivate me to play more than 30 minutes. Now this changed with Distant Worlds.
The game is just perfect. It gives me the complete control over an expanding empire. I can stop the Time, give commands, if something urgent shows up. If not, I just leave the timer on 0.25x and look at the game to see what is happening. A pirate base ? HA, I take personal control of my biggest military ship and get on it. Oh, an abandoned ship. Lets take control of it. The game is just amazing. It allows you to dive right into that part of the game that you are really interested in. Yesterday I lost completely control of Real Life Time and ended up sitting in front of the game for more than three hours (I thought its only a couple of minutes). This is the kind of games that I was missing..... Please keep this game going. Looking forward for the next expansion.
Michael
I just wanted to congratulate you on this GREAT game. I am an old time MOO, GalCiv, etc. player and recently I lost my motivation to play a lot of Computer Games. Neither Sword of the Stars, nor SoSE or similar games could motivate me to play more than 30 minutes. Now this changed with Distant Worlds.
The game is just perfect. It gives me the complete control over an expanding empire. I can stop the Time, give commands, if something urgent shows up. If not, I just leave the timer on 0.25x and look at the game to see what is happening. A pirate base ? HA, I take personal control of my biggest military ship and get on it. Oh, an abandoned ship. Lets take control of it. The game is just amazing. It allows you to dive right into that part of the game that you are really interested in. Yesterday I lost completely control of Real Life Time and ended up sitting in front of the game for more than three hours (I thought its only a couple of minutes). This is the kind of games that I was missing..... Please keep this game going. Looking forward for the next expansion.
Michael
RE: Great Game
Hi folks
Just want to echo the OP - great game.
Played a lot of the stock 4x games, Space Empires, Gal Civ, SOTS etc but Distant Worlds just seems to hit that sweet spot between fun and micromanagement. And the implemtation of the private sector is brilliant, it really brings the game alive.
Keep up the good work Codeforce
Just want to echo the OP - great game.
Played a lot of the stock 4x games, Space Empires, Gal Civ, SOTS etc but Distant Worlds just seems to hit that sweet spot between fun and micromanagement. And the implemtation of the private sector is brilliant, it really brings the game alive.
Keep up the good work Codeforce
RE: Great Game

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
- MasterChief
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:29 am
- Location: The Hundred Fathom Curve
Agree
Agree Hunter! Awesome game and I am anxiously awaiting the next installment!!!
Chief of the Watch... Over the 1MC, pass the word... "DIVE!" "DIVE!"... sound two blasts of the Diving Alarm ... and pass the word, "DIVE! "DIVE!"
RE: Great Game
ORIGINAL: J HG T
![]()
This is...hard to describe.
I am staring at the gif for about 5 minutes now and start feeling kinda vertigo.
Wonder what kind of music would fit.


RE: Great Game
A bolero for sure [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
RE: Great Game
ORIGINAL: LoBaronORIGINAL: J HG T
![]()
This is...hard to describe. I am staring at the gif for about 5 minutes now and start feeling kinda vertigo.
Wonder what kind of music would fit.![]()
I think they used something like this in the original Manchurian Candidate to bring the people they were interrogating to their knees... [:D]
I would say it was William Shatner at his dramatic best, but nothing beats Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
RE: Great Game
I take it back; vertigo fits as you say! 
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
RE: Great Game
I post one "nod of approval" GIF and here we go!
Humans... [8|]
Humans... [8|]
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
RE: Great Game
You aliens just don´t have an idea what such a nod from James T. Kirk and Scotty means to us.

RE: Great Game
ORIGINAL: LoBaron
You aliens just don´t have an idea what such a nod from James T. Kirk and Scotty means to us.
Scotty??? [:D] Thats McCoy 'im a doctor not a bricklayer' [8|]
Darkspire
RE: Great Game
ORIGINAL: Darkspire
ORIGINAL: LoBaron
You aliens just don´t have an idea what such a nod from James T. Kirk and Scotty means to us.
Scotty??? [:D] Thats McCoy 'im a doctor not a bricklayer' [8|]
Darkspire
This requires a double facepalm by Cpt. Spock.


RE: Great Game
This requires a double facepalm by Cpt. Spock.
![]()
No No No No [:D] Thats Picard 'A flute? I can't play a flute'
Darkspire

- ehsumrell1
- Posts: 2529
- Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am
- Location: The Briar Patch Nebula
- Contact:
RE: Great Game
This brought you R E A L close to a session in the Son'a Face-Stretching Chair! [:-]ORIGINAL: LoBaron
You aliens just don´t have an idea what such a nod from James T. Kirk and Scotty means to us.

(For calling 'Bones' Scotty by mistake)
- Attachments
-
- AdmiralDo..ys_death.jpg (8.71 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
RE: Great Game
Gotta love when J pretends he did not anticipate such a storm of reactions to that awesome gif
"Me, not me, no no..." lol.....you peleng [:)]
"Me, not me, no no..." lol.....you peleng [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
RE: Great Game
ORIGINAL: Data
Gotta love when J pretends he did not anticipate such a storm of reactions to that awesome gif
"Me, not me, no no..." lol.....you peleng [:)]
I do not know what a peleng is, but as long as it is not too severe, I am going to agree... there is just something WRONG [in a good way] with that gif.[:D][;)]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
RE: Great Game
It's a SR2 reference....the pirate type of species in that game.
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
RE: Great Game
@tjhkkr
Just think of amphibian Ketarovs with four hands and obsession to piratism and you got the idea. Sneaky gits...
Just think of amphibian Ketarovs with four hands and obsession to piratism and you got the idea. Sneaky gits...
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
- ehsumrell1
- Posts: 2529
- Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 am
- Location: The Briar Patch Nebula
- Contact:
RE: Great Game
....and they are fantastic wingmen when in battle against a fleet of Dominators!ORIGINAL: J HG T
@tjhkkr
Just think of amphibian Ketarovs with four hands and obsession to piratism and you got the idea. Sneaky gits...

{Ran across a bunch of them infiltrating the Briar Patch nebula once, a Peleng ship came along and
together we blew the Dominators out of my sky!} [:D]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...







