Time of Fury editor! - v1.02 available

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

User avatar
doomtrader
Posts: 5319
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Time of Fury editor! - v1.02 available

Post by doomtrader »

Finally we would like to present you Editor for Time of Fury.
We have decided to postpone the release a little bit to polish couple of features.
The idea standing behind the editor is to allow you to easily modify and create new scenarios. Of course much easier is to just modify already existing scenarios, but please before you will do that, remember to make a backup.
Editor for the game is a constant Work in Progress. We have reached the stage, where further development is impossible without community feedback. Please post any ideas for new functionalities, features and improvements which will allow you to work with it easier and faster.
Post reports about any unexpected behavior of the Editor.

Please tag any thread about the editor by writing editor in square brackets. [EDITOR]

Thanks in advance for your feedback and for your understanding.



IMPORTANT NOTE!

You need to have XNA installed to run the editor, you can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=20914


Time of Fury' download link:
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/ ... y_1_02.exe



EDIT: Download link updated
User avatar
doomtrader
Posts: 5319
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by doomtrader »

Couple of screenshots


Land units placing
Image


Hex ownership:
Image


Sea Zones:
Image


Hex details:
Image


Editing Data:
Image


Editing country specific data:
Image
User avatar
Greyshaft
Posts: 1979
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Greyshaft »

So could the editor handle a USA v. USSR war (with no Axis) starting during the Berlin airlift in 1948?
/Greyshaft
Sasza
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:47 pm

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Sasza »

This editor is useless. Old one (from SoP) was much better.
User avatar
doomtrader
Posts: 5319
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by doomtrader »

This shouldn't be a problem
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

@sasza; I honestly don't know how you could say that, on the screengrabs alone, it appears better than Storm's.
Nice to see you 1st post is a rant, welcome.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

what's going wrong.
Installed XNA
Installed editor.
Tried to create new scenario, rather than load existing and got this...
anyone else??


Image
Attachments
ScreenHunt..2610.28.jpg
ScreenHunt..2610.28.jpg (57.79 KiB) Viewed 678 times

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

Opened overlord then clicked save scenario and got this...
I think I'll restart the 'puter and see if XNA works better...

Image
Attachments
ScreenHunt..2610.33.jpg
ScreenHunt..2610.33.jpg (55.95 KiB) Viewed 678 times

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

restarted computer opened the overlord scenario and got this error.
clicked okay and it proceeded futher.
definitely some wrinkles left to iron out of this.

______
running windows 7 (64bit) on a lenovo z560.

Image
after the new zealand error, the next time it opened it read Chile with similar problems....
Attachments
ScreenHunt..2611.37.jpg
ScreenHunt..2611.37.jpg (31.43 KiB) Viewed 678 times

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

[Editor]

Post by Magpius »

Not Working:
* The map scroll bars do not work.
* when I click save, the screen goes black and the editor hangs.
* the wheel scroll to find a scenario folder to open only works from the slitherine folder onwards.
* the editor can not delete air-units.
* can not delete commanders
* remove cities not working
* unit lists do not update when a new unit is added.
* unable to make scenario from scratch
* when loading an existing scenario, the number of map hexes can not be modified.
* how do I define a hex for amphib assault?
* not always able to regen the minimap when altering terrain.
---
*please explain the random value in the hex editor.
* is there any way to use other map skins and units other than the sprites and normal mapskin.
---
*closed the editor through task manager; when it opened information was there, except text for objectives, it did not save.
(you said you wanted feedback [8|])

oh boy you're gonna get it!
[:D]
additional:
Current map size 50x50 unable to save changes.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

perhaps the thread should go to tech support for further discussions...

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

I suspect these errors have something more to do with the xna I installed, which was successful.
The editor is too buggy for me to use at the minute. Looking forward to other user feedback to see if it is just me experiencing this.


Image

get in touch with this guy, he built one for panzer corps from scratch!!!
Attachments
ScreenHunt..26 12.18.jpg
ScreenHunt..26 12.18.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 678 times

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

Doom could you please make a series of videos showing how to use the editor...
Video 1: Adding a country.
(I have tried to make Australia with no success).
also why would bolivia be on the country list but not australia!!!
(sorry any Bolivian folks here)

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

I give up..
typical error messages as follows.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at ToFEdytor.Scenario.SaveScenario()
  at ToFEdytor.MainForm.saveScenarioMenu_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Time Of Fury Editor
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor/Time%20of%20Fury%20Editor.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.20823.0 built by: xnabldr
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.20823.0 built by: xnabldr
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
----------------------------------------
Accessibility
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
   CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I have since downloaded C# and the XNA game developers toolkit. The errors are still happening. The ONLY thing that may cause some issues is the 64bit windows 7 system I'm running, but the XNA forums sugest that it IS compatible.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
gwgardner
Posts: 7304
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:23 pm

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by gwgardner »

I was able to open Overlord and scroll around ok.

Attempting to create a new scenario, the various files associated with it were created, but the editor had an exception.

Doomtrader, I suggest you do an install of the editor on a clean computer, one that you guys never use for development. Probably something missing.

User avatar
Magpius
Posts: 1764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Magpius »

scroll around (mouse to screen edge) okay but the scroll bars and zoom are rather whacky

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
aspqrz02
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:01 am

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by aspqrz02 »

Can't create a new scenario, and any attempt to modify values for an existing one simply do not take.

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Sasza
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:47 pm

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Sasza »

ORIGINAL: Agent S

@sasza; I honestly don't know how you could say that, on the screengrabs alone, it appears better than Storm's.
Nice to see you 1st post is a rant, welcome.

I have seen screens. I fought that to make river i have to click on each hex and then select check box in new window, and the same again and again. After that I have donloaded editor and i have found a option which is similar to old editor, but is not working. When i want to make a river on one hex border the river appears on two neighbor borders, not that one I want. So it's impossible to make a river in the shape i want.

I can see in this topic that i'm not the only person with have problem with editor. Editor developers should test it before publish.

BTW. Welcome everybody here, I'm not totally new. I was reading that forum for about one year but yesterday i had a lot of time so i decided to register.
User avatar
doomtrader
Posts: 5319
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by doomtrader »

The Editor support should be here soon.

AgentS, when you have been trying to create new scenario, did you choose the type of terrain, the map should be filled with?

Peter123
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 am

RE: Time of Fury editor!

Post by Peter123 »

Not much problem here; it seems to work fine when I run the editor in administrator mode. Yes, while saving it shows an error message, but the scenario is saved and can be reloaded later.
Post Reply

Return to “Time of Fury”