Time of Fury editor! - v1.02 available
Moderator: doomtrader
- doomtrader
- Posts: 5319
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
- Location: Poland
- Contact:
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Great to hear that Peter123, we will do our best to make it easy to use for all of you.
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Hi everyone. I'll be your editor support, so if you have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask.
Added to my TODO list. I will fix these, ASAP.
* the editor can not delete air-units.
* can not delete commanders
* remove cities not working
* unit lists do not update when a new unit is added.
Added to my TODO list. I will fix these, ASAP.
Which scenario you trying to edit? And which hexes cannot be modified?when loading an existing scenario, the number of map hexes can not be modified
Tried to create new scenario, rather than load existing and got this
Attempting to create a new scenario, the various files associated with it were created, but the editor had an exception.
This one is weird. I assume that, when you selected folder for new scenario, editor created all needed files there. Can you send to me these folders?Can't create a new scenario
RE: Time of Fury editor!
OK. Tried after reboot, and now I can create a new scenario ... but when I try to actually load the scenario I get an error message and am told I can continue or exit ... hitting the continue key simply recycles the same screen, so the only real option is to quit.
Checking the ToF folder, yes, there is a new campaign folder there, with some files, but restarting the Editor and attempting to load the scenario won't work. Same roundabout as above.
So I tried copying across all the files from an existing scenario ... now I can load it. Good so far.
But when I try to use the Database edit function to change the strength of some units, the Save key doesn't actually save anything. I can Save only if I immediately close that function and restart it. However, if I then try and change another unit value, I have to go through the same exit/re-enter process and the changed value that was previously changed reverts to the original value ... so, in effect, you can change one value for one unit, and that's it.
Not real helpful [&:][&:][&:]
Phil
Checking the ToF folder, yes, there is a new campaign folder there, with some files, but restarting the Editor and attempting to load the scenario won't work. Same roundabout as above.
So I tried copying across all the files from an existing scenario ... now I can load it. Good so far.
But when I try to use the Database edit function to change the strength of some units, the Save key doesn't actually save anything. I can Save only if I immediately close that function and restart it. However, if I then try and change another unit value, I have to go through the same exit/re-enter process and the changed value that was previously changed reverts to the original value ... so, in effect, you can change one value for one unit, and that's it.
Not real helpful [&:][&:][&:]
Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Unfortunately, I can't so much as add a unit to an existing scenario without an error box popping up saying data is missing; or I just save it anyway and get error. Back to editing xml's for me. Unless you're making a brand new scenario, that works for me for now.
- doomtrader
- Posts: 5319
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
- Location: Poland
- Contact:
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Sorry about all the issues guys.
Please give us some credit with this tool. We will do our best to make it work and easy for you.
Please give us some credit with this tool. We will do our best to make it work and easy for you.
RE: Time of Fury editor!
@Peter, what system are you running?
7?
Vista?
XP?
7?
Vista?
XP?
"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Uh. Should have said. Problems apply in Windows 7.
I have access to a system with XP and one with Vista, I'll see if the problems exist under those OSs when I get a chance. Tomorrow, sometime, probably.
Phil
I have access to a system with XP and one with Vista, I'll see if the problems exist under those OSs when I get a chance. Tomorrow, sometime, probably.
Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
RE: Time of Fury editor!
ORIGINAL: aspqrz
Checking the ToF folder, yes, there is a new campaign folder there, with some files,
I need to check those files to find out, why editor fails at making new scenario. Can you send them via PM to me?
@Agent, I don't think that all these bugs are related to OS. Editor was developed on Win7 64bit machine, and everything was fine.
RE: Time of Fury editor!
ORIGINAL: Agent S
@Peter, what system are you running?
7?
Vista?
XP?
Win 7 on i7-2600 cpu, 4 gig.
I have not created any full scenario yet, but the Editor seems to work fine for me.
I can create, edit, load, and save any map; create cities and connections; assign control and ownership for hexes; create, deploy and edit units, can edit countries (so far I have not created a country; too much information for me, so I employ a csv working file).
Sure, I have got some of the errors posted in this thread, maybe seems a bit tricky, but when you get used its easy.
Edit: Win 7 64bits.
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Starting to think its just me.
"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
- doomtrader
- Posts: 5319
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
- Location: Poland
- Contact:
RE: Time of Fury editor!
Download link in first post updated
- goodwoodrw
- Posts: 2665
- Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:19 pm
RE: Time of Fury editor!
ORIGINAL: Agent S
Starting to think its just me.
No I can't get it to work either - My systems operates Win 7 64 bits as well
Formerly Goodwood
- doomtrader
- Posts: 5319
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 am
- Location: Poland
- Contact:
RE: Time of Fury editor!
ORIGINAL: BASB
ORIGINAL: Agent S
Starting to think its just me.
No I can't get it to work either - My systems operates Win 7 64 bits as well
Which version are you referring to?
RE: Still Can't Change Unit Values
The Editor still won't let you change unit values. Say I try to increase (or reduce) SP, it "takes" on screen, and you move onto the next unit ... but when you move back to the unit just "changed" it has reverted to its original value.
Exactly like in the first version.
Pretty much usless, still [&:]
/edit/ Actually, you can't change Air or Naval unit values, which are in Strength Points, but, on further (random) fiddling, you *can* change Land Unit values, which are given as a Percentage. Maybe that's where the problem is? /edit/
Phil
Exactly like in the first version.
Pretty much usless, still [&:]
/edit/ Actually, you can't change Air or Naval unit values, which are in Strength Points, but, on further (random) fiddling, you *can* change Land Unit values, which are given as a Percentage. Maybe that's where the problem is? /edit/
Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
RE: Still Can't Create a Scenario
No change. Click the Create New Scenario button and you get an error message. No new scenario is created and the only option is to quit or load an existing scenario.
Oh and, if you ever get it to work, a "Save As" option would be really nice, too.
Still useless as it stands (Windows 7, with all updates I am aware of) [&:]
Phil
Oh and, if you ever get it to work, a "Save As" option would be really nice, too.
Still useless as it stands (Windows 7, with all updates I am aware of) [&:]
Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
- Barthheart
- Posts: 3080
- Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:16 pm
- Location: Nepean, Ontario
RE: Still Can't Create a Scenario
ORIGINAL: aspqrz
No change. Click the Create New Scenario button and you get an error message. No new scenario is created and the only option is to quit or load an existing scenario.
Oh and, if you ever get it to work, a "Save As" option would be really nice, too.
Still useless as it stands (Windows 7, with all updates I am aware of) [&:]
Phil
What directory have you installed ToF in? If it's in the "\Program Files (x86)\" directory then you are going to have trouble as Win 7 doesn't let you change programs on the fly. YOu need to move ToF and the editor to a different directory.... yes even if you are running in admin mode.[8D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
RE: Still Can't Create a Scenario
I have the Editor in the Matrix Games/Time of Fury/Time of Fury Editor directory, being anal.
So it's not admin privileges, or lack of them, that's the problem.
I rarely install *any* games in the "Program Files (X86)" directory unless their poorly designed installation software doesn't give me a choice [;)]
So that doesn't help [X(]
But thanks anyway [:)]
Phil
So it's not admin privileges, or lack of them, that's the problem.
I rarely install *any* games in the "Program Files (X86)" directory unless their poorly designed installation software doesn't give me a choice [;)]
So that doesn't help [X(]
But thanks anyway [:)]
Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
RE: Still Can't Create a Scenario
It is not clear to me how to define a hex to be amphibiously invaded. I think it needs a button like the train button, in the terrain panel.
I still get [font="Arial"][/font]error messages when trying to create new scenarios...
Editor resides as a sub-folder within 'fury'
New scenario in the scenario folder.
Game resides outside of programsx86.
Running Win 7 64 bit
I still get [font="Arial"][/font]error messages when trying to create new scenarios...
[font="Verdana"][/font]************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at ToFEdytor.Scenario.LoadScenario(String folder, Boolean mapLoad)
at ToFEdytor.Scenario.CreateNewScenario(String name, String author, Int32 a, Int32 b, Int32 type, String folder, String template)
at ToFEdytor.NewScenarioForm.CreateNewScenarioButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Editor resides as a sub-folder within 'fury'
New scenario in the scenario folder.
Game resides outside of programsx86.
Running Win 7 64 bit
"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit". -New Order
RE: Still Can't Create a Scenario
there is (or can we expect) an easy mode to draw rivers like in SOP Editor? The river tool seems not work properly and the hex edit feature is laborious (it seems every river segment must be marked for every adyacent hex, so two times).
To be able to select units and cities clicking on the map would be helpfull too.

To be able to select units and cities clicking on the map would be helpfull too.

- Attachments
-
- untitled18.jpg (384.04 KiB) Viewed 2225 times

