The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
User avatar
Ross Moorhouse
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 5:00 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards

Post by Ross Moorhouse »

The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards is on again. They want their readers to vote for the best games of the year. http://www.wargamer.com/articles/reader ... ting_2002/
Before we officially announce The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards, we'd like to turn to you, our audience, and request your help in picking our 2002 Reader's Choice Awards. As we did in 2001, we solicit your votes in several categories to get your picks for the best of 2002 gaming.

Voting is easy. Just enter your name and email address, and begin. For the sake of simplicity, we've moved some cross-genre games into their most meaningful categories, although it is entirely possible we've left your favorite game off the list. However, the list is fairly comprehensive: if you don't see a particular game, it's probably because it was released prior to 2002 or it might just not be on our radar screens. If it's the latter, please feel free to email us.

We'll tally the votes and report the results not long after we announce The Wargamer's 2002 Best of the Year Awards in January. In the meantime, feel free to discuss your own voting in our forums.
Also you will notice that 2 of our games, Uncommon Valor and Starships Unlimited are contenders in this contest. :D
Ross Moorhouse
Image
Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org
User avatar
Grumbling Grogn
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:31 am
Location: Texas!
Contact:

Post by Grumbling Grogn »

Well...

I would raise Holy Hell if UV was not on the list. It would have to be darn good crop o' games I missed for it not to be. ;)


(Starships btw is also an excellent game.)
The Grumbling Grognard
Knavey
Posts: 2565
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:25 am
Location: Valrico, Florida

Post by Knavey »

If UV was on the list, I voted for it. If 2x3 and Matrix showed up, I voted for them.
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
XPav
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:25 am
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Post by XPav »

Ahh yes, the Wargamer, the site with the bandwidth problems and the ~300KB front page. :rolleyes:
I love it when a plan comes together.
User avatar
Admiral DadMan
Posts: 3426
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:00 am
Location: A Lion uses all its might to catch a Rabbit

Post by Admiral DadMan »

I'm going back to vote twice, or more..
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Image
XPav
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:25 am
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Post by XPav »

Be sure to vote early and often!
I love it when a plan comes together.
User avatar
Grotius
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm
Location: The Imperial Palace.

Post by Grotius »

On my way to vote for UV now. And yes, Starships Unlimited is a good game, too. A refreshing new take on the familiar 4x space genre.
Image
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

I got my vote in for Matrix.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
rcwkent
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:52 pm
Location: New York City

Post by rcwkent »

Vote early and often!
"I don't know what the heck this logistics is that Marshall is always talking about, but I want some of it"
Admiral Ernest J King
User avatar
Piiska
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by Piiska »

For obvious reasons I voted UV for the best wargame.

For the continuous support and improvement of their product and for listening to their gamers, I voted for Matrix and 2 by 3 in the respective categories.
User avatar
bilbow
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:26 am
Location: Concord NH

Post by bilbow »

Same vote for me. Too bad the site won't allow multiple votes.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill
User avatar
Drex
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Chico,california

Post by Drex »

There's enough matrix fans to pull it off without voting more than once. they just have to get over to the website and do it. This is the Matrix silent majority.
Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"
Bax
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:42 pm
Location: Rochester, MN

Post by Bax »

One vote from work, one from home when I get there!
:)
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Just Do It!

Post by WW2'er »

UV, 2By3 and Matrix got my vote! (Hope they win!)
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
User avatar
bilbow
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:26 am
Location: Concord NH

Multiple votes!

Post by bilbow »

Thanks Drex,

I just voted a second time from work. And tonite I use my wife's e-mail. And then my kids. I wonder, does my dog have an e-mail address?
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”