Campaign Series is a great game

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Post Reply
User avatar
CaptainHuge
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Campaign Series is a great game

Post by CaptainHuge »

I played JTCS last night for the first time in a couple of months and I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this game. I tried the demo for Battle Academy a couple of days ago and, though it is a good game, I much prefer JTCS. In fact, I have yet to find a computer wargame I enjoy as much as the Campaign Series. It just seems to balance depth of gameplay with fun better than almost any other game that I have played. For me, the added content and OOB's have made the playing experience that much richer. I love being able to play units you just don't find in any other game.

I have played the Campaign Series for years and have always enjoyed the experience. I have played a lot of computer wargames but if I could only have ever played one in my lifetime it would be the Campaign Series.

Just wanted to give a shout out to all the folks who have contributed to the game i.e. Jason. You have really made something to be proud of and have given a lot of people many hours of enjoyment. Thank you! [:)]
User avatar
Ashcloud
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 am
Contact:

RE: Campaign Series is a great game

Post by Ashcloud »

Have you played PBEM?
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: Campaign Series is a great game

Post by Jason Petho »

Thank you, CaptainHuge.
 
Your sentiments are muchly appreciated!
 
I agree with Ashcloud, give PBEM a go, it will take the game to a whole new level!  You can find opponents at The Blitz (http://www.theblitz.org)
 
Jason Petho
 
User avatar
CaptainHuge
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

RE: Campaign Series is a great game

Post by CaptainHuge »

Thank you gentlemen, but I am strictly a solo player. I cannot dedicate the commitment necessary for PBEM. I appreciate the suggestion though. [:)]
Post Reply

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”