What Version.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

What seems to be the best version. I see 1041106I then a public beta of v1.01.08r6 and another beta of 1108r9 so I guess I am confused. I am patched to 6I right now. I have played around some and am about to start against the AI before trying PBEM. So what is the best version or at least the version being played in most games?

This newbie thanks you.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: What Version.

Post by jeffk3510 »

I am currently running beta, as a lot of other players seem to be. It is very stable, and has really improved gameplay in my opinion.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

what beta version 8r6 or 8r9
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: What Version.

Post by jeffk3510 »

Which ever one is the most current. I update everytime a new version comes out.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: What Version.

Post by jeffk3510 »

I feel honored to have answered your first two posts ever [:D]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

A "friend" told me about this game he knew once he saw it that I would like it. I say "friend because I have been lurking for a week and i see and end to all my free time.....

Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

And why was I told to say the Bismark was scuttled????
User avatar
nashvillen
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Christiana, TN

RE: What Version.

Post by nashvillen »

Just don't talk about The Movie That Shall Not Be Named (TMTSNBN). Now, you may ask, what movie is that if you can't name it. Just think about the worst movie that has been put out about the Pacific theater in the last 10 years and you will figure it out. [:-]
Image
User avatar
rjopel
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:32 pm
Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA

RE: What Version.

Post by rjopel »

ORIGINAL: Ghost99

A "friend" told me about this game he knew once he saw it that I would like it. I say "friend because I have been lurking for a week and i see and end to all my free time.....


What is this "free time" thing you speak about?
Ryan Opel
jmalter
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:41 pm

RE: What Version.

Post by jmalter »

defnitly go w/ the r9 beta. there's a myriad of improvements to the interface, most notably in pilot management.

these betas install to a separate dir, installing one will create a new shortcut on your desktop, you'll need to copy your startup switches from your current shortcut to the new one.

which is to say, installing a beta does not overwrite the stock game-engine, which will remain pristine in the dir-tree. once you've installed a beta, installing a new beta will overwrite your current beta. so if you're leery, wait a week before updating to the latest release, & follow the beta thread in the 'tech support' forum for the latest scuttlebutt. on those rare occaisions where a beta proved to be munged, a replacement-fix was released in less than a week. i'd suggest you d/l the beta installers to a separate dir - that way, if the latest goes TU, you can re-install the previous one, & continue to play w/o having to wait for the fix.
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

The I am sure he was setting me up because he told me to also start a thread about how the Ben Affleck movie was such a great historical drama. I hated the movie and did not think that the group I had been lurking at for a week or so would have thought that. SO I will not fall in that trap.
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

Now I really know my "friend" was putting me on as he told me the only strange think about this group is they loved Ben Affleck in his WW2 movie and that to get instant credibility was to make a long post raving over the movie.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: What Version.

Post by jeffk3510 »

What about Josh Hartnett's movie then?
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
Ghost99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:46 am

RE: What Version.

Post by Ghost99 »

Yes that would be the movie I was told I should praise because everyone here thought it was a well made documentary of the intial IJN attacks on PH.  I was also told the consensus here was the battle of Brittan scenes were also a well researched presentation.
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: What Version.

Post by denisonh »

Oh lordy. The subject of the original "monster thread" on Matrix forums...........
ORIGINAL: Ghost99

And why was I told to say the Bismark was scuttled????
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”