Battle Plan
For this scenario, it seems that I have the 326 Volksgrenadier Division (VGD) available to me. In theory, a whole division, even a green one, should be sufficient to achieve the objectives assigned to me. Unfortunately, I am missing 2 battalions (Bns), leaving me with only 3 Bns. Even more annoying, 326 VGD has no armored assets, while recon shows that the Americans have plenty.
Although reinforcements, in the form of the 2 missing Bns and 1 company of Stugs, should arrive within the next few days, there is no point in waiting. I only have 3 days to capture my objectives, so no time should be wasted.
Looking at the map, I decide on the following battle plan:
Phase 1
1 Bn / 752 will try to infiltrate the American lines and attack Mützenich from the north.
1 Bn / 753 will attack Höfen South.
1 BN / 751 will attack and occupy the hill overlooking Höfen (Alzen).
Kampfgruppe A (KG A), consisting out of my best infantry company and an infantry gun platoon, will try to infiltrate the American lines and block the road from Monschau to Höfen, thus allowing 1 Bn / 753 and 751 to capture Höfen uninterrupted.
Phase 2
Of the promised reinforcements, 1 Bn will be send to capture Höfen north, the other will be send to attack Monschau. The Stugs will reinforce the attack on Höfen.
Phase 3
Once Höfen has been cleared, 1 Bn will be send to Kalterherberg, 1 Bn to Monschau and the remaining Bn will remain and defend Höfen.

















