An official howdy

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Gortex the Horrible
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2000 10:00 am

An official howdy

Post by Gortex the Horrible »

And a big "dayamn"! I just finnished DLing the game and played the toot to get refamiliar with one of my all-time faves, and I wanted to just say thanks to whomever is responsible for all this. I cannot believe this was a free download. Hell, just to be able to play SP in Windows (none of my old SSI titles work on my rig - dammit! - including PG or Silent Hunter..) is such a treat. I appreciate the hell out of you folks.

Just needed to say that.
AmmoSgt
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Redstone Arsenal Al

Post by AmmoSgt »

Welcome aboard Gortex hope ya look into the PBEM stuff too
"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Welcome GtH! Kiss the family goodbye for awhile, SPWaW is an addictive game.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Warhorse »

Gortex, you wouldn't happen to be the fellow was in my bookstore the other day, and saw the ad?????!!If so, looks like you got it ok, well, even if your not him, glad you got it ok, welcome aboard!!

------------------
Mike Amos
Meine Ehre Heisst Treue
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
BlitzSS
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: wasChicagoLand, now DC

Post by BlitzSS »

I like the fact that you don't need to put a CD in everytime you want play the game too. Welcome aboard!!!
"Nuts"
Viriato
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Lisboa,Portugal

Post by Viriato »

welcome . if you've played the old SP , you gona love this one . By the way , buy a lot of coffee , codeine , and S... like that cause this one is even more adictive than the older brother , very soon you'll get the one-more-turn habbit , then ... it's all lost for you ...HAHAHAHAH .

now for real , welcome .


------------------
A sorte protege os audazes
A sorte protege os audazes
Gortex the Horrible
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Gortex the Horrible »

Thank you all. It's funny, I have come full circle. I started playing SP1 when I first got my CD ROM, and between that and PG I got very addicted to wargames. I made my way through the Talonsoft titles (still love East/WestPacific Front), Semper Fi, Close Combats and lately have been very into Combat Mission, and yet I still got a chill when the first scenario opened up - those new sounds just WROQUE \m/.

I have a few questions for another thread perhaps, but I appreciate the welcome and look forward to grinding my way through all these scenarios. And Campaigns! I have missed those things...

Oh, I am not that person from that store. I came from the Battlefront forums.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”