Gaming time(s)

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Gaming time(s)

Post by Jim1954 »

What is your situation?
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

It should be said (and as I know I can say it), when every day looks like saturday, the charm doesn't last long.

Avoid retirement guys. You will miss it (the work).

Yes I can post at any time of the day, yes I can play Steel Panthers all day if it interests me. But it gets old real fast.

You working dudes, savour those few days you get to play a bit of wargaming.

This dude would trade in a second.

I divide my time as times when the sun shines, and times when it is dark out. I often don't even know what day it is let alone what time it is.

Friday night? it was useful once upon a time, but I no longer remember why.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

In the last year since I started PBEM, I've managed to reduce my "required" hours of sleep to between 6 and 7 hours (closer to 6). I used to try to get almost 8 hours. I tried 5 hours the other night (paying V2 back for the prior asskicking he gave me is keeping me awake), but I didn't function too well yesterday.:)

I play most of my turns between 9 pm and midnight (OK, 1 a.m., but only when it is necessary;) )
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Les - To each his own. I received a life sentence in the business world, got out early with time off for poor behavior. I miss the business world for about thirty seconds maybe once a year. Of the three close friends I had - all acquired via business contacts - two are gone. I miss them, not the business I was in which I would not wish upon anyone short of Saddam Hussein.

I can do exactly as I please. When I please. In whatever manner I please within my income, which isn't very much but it sure beats what I had to be through to make a living, it beats it nine ways hollow.

After a year or so, I learned to relax and enjoy my freedom. If a retired person is restless, it may be they haven't found a way to fill up the time they used to put in with their job. Lots of ways to overcome that. So many I don't have to repeat them.

I love retirement and will never go back to the business world unless absolutely compelled to do so. I feel sorry for people still batting their brains out, I know what it was like.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Working too much, try to squeeze in some time whenever I can. Working 12's for the past 2 weeks is making free time harder and harder to come by.
User avatar
VikingNo2
Posts: 2872
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:00 am
Location: NC
Contact:

Post by VikingNo2 »

trying.....gasp.....gasp.......to.....cetch up.......gasp.......to.....Goblin....weeze



Play as much as the real world premits
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

If it's post count you're talking , you may have missed your golden opportunity. A couple of days ago there was something going on that was allowing every post , even to the same thread, to count as a new one. ...... but they fixed it.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by Jim1954
If it's post count you're talking , you may have missed your golden opportunity. A couple of days ago there was something going on that was allowing every post , even to the same thread, to count as a new one. ...... but they fixed it.
Huh? Every reply does count as a new one to your post count. :confused: :cool:

Only thing that doesn't count are edits. :)
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

I thought that got fixed. This is a test.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

By goodness you're right.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Yeah, it's a standard rule for the forum - it's nothing that needs to be "fixed". I mean, hey it's fair - if you write a new reply to a thread I think you're entitled to have it counted. :D

#1257
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

I guess this is something semi-recent cause I did some PM's with gmenfan a while back about this and back then, you didn't get the credit for same thread replies.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Hmm I don't recall it ever being that myself Jim.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

It took a while to find it, but look inside this thread and you'll see what I mean.

showthread.php?s=&threadid=21776
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

I see what you mean, me I chose Matrix Veteren First Class cause I like it, I have been a Matrix Hero for a long time, but didn't see the need to fret.

Oh and some of our communities high post count come from playing in Art of War to much heheh.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

Did you ever try out Russo-German War? What did you think of it?
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

More hijacking this thread

Post by Belisarius »

Jim, I didn't get that you were referring to the User Status (or some such).

Yeah, I saw it was enabled yesterday, so I quickly changed from Matrix Hero to Matrix Sturmtrooper. :D

Mogami's "free roaming vapor" still wins the contest, tho' :cool: ;)
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

Actually what I was referring to was the count which I thought determined the little name thingee by your screen name.

This was the actual bit of the thread I was referring to.

Thanks gmenfan. Am I correct in thinking that no matter how mant times you post to a specific thread ,it's still only counted as 1 post right?


That is correct, although I don't agree.
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Jim, as long as we don't alter the status ourselves (like myself), the title is determined by your post count.

50 posts to Veteran
1000 posts to Hero

I just fidgeted with it ;)

And no, EACH reply you post to a thread counts towards your total post score. And ofcourse does every othe reply in any other thread, or posting a new topic. :D
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Jim1954
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Dallas

Post by Jim1954 »

Works for me.

Thanks

:cool:
Image
Jim1954
KMC/T
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”