What is this?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dili
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:33 pm

RE: What is this?

Post by Dili »

If you want strange you have Bv 141 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bv_141

And what about Caproni Stipa? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYqr2h_xQRk
User avatar
Shark7
Posts: 7936
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm
Location: The Big Nowhere

RE: What is this?

Post by Shark7 »

Is the BV-141 really that strange? Tts just a plane with the cockpit and engine both offset from the centerline. Certainly not something we are used to, but definitely recognizable as an airplane, unlike some of the more radical secret projects.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

OT but this thing was hanging over the space shuttle Enterprise, how times change.


Image
Attachments
satellite.jpg
satellite.jpg (215.83 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Dili
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:33 pm

RE: What is this?

Post by Dili »

Is the BV-141 really that strange? Tts just a plane with the cockpit and engine both offset from the centerline. Certainly not something we are used to, but definitely recognizable as an airplane, unlike some of the more radical secret projects.

It was in context of someone that says Fw189 UHU is strange. I should also say that your definition of word strange appears to be different than mine. I call strange something unusual even if it have some resemblance.
I say this because many of disagreements that appear on web happen because people have different grades of words meanings and i already lost too much time discussing things that in the end are just discussing the meaning of a word. Btw i don't want this to look unfriendly.
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

I decided to "hype up" the Udvar adjunct to the Smithsonian with another shot. This place is very cool to walk around. I spent 20 minutes staring at B29 engines.

Image
Attachments
f4u.jpg
f4u.jpg (371.1 KiB) Viewed 442 times
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

another...

Image
Attachments
peashooter.jpg
peashooter.jpg (415.31 KiB) Viewed 442 times
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

one more...

Image
Attachments
floatplane.jpg
floatplane.jpg (285.36 KiB) Viewed 442 times
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

can't resist...parking is $15.00 entry is free...


Image
Attachments
jap1.jpg
jap1.jpg (349.54 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Commander Stormwolf
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm

RE: What is this?

Post by Commander Stormwolf »


where is that..feel like jumping into that P-26 and flying around with it.. bwhahahahahah[:D]
"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: What is this?

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour
I decided to "hype up" the Udvar adjunct to the Smithsonian with another shot. This place is very cool to walk around. I spent 20 minutes staring at B29 engines.
Utter freakin gloss, zuluhour. I totally love them older planes. Seaplanes just seem to float my boat somehow. Thanks a lot for your pics. And I do like your selection.

Ciao. John
User avatar
Historiker
Posts: 4742
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Deutschland

RE: What is this?

Post by Historiker »

And what is this?

Image
Attachments
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg (107.13 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
User avatar
Historiker
Posts: 4742
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Deutschland

RE: What is this?

Post by Historiker »

ORIGINAL: JWE

ORIGINAL: zuluhour
I decided to "hype up" the Udvar adjunct to the Smithsonian with another shot. This place is very cool to walk around. I spent 20 minutes staring at B29 engines.
Utter freakin gloss, zuluhour. I totally love them older planes. Seaplanes just seem to float my boat somehow. Thanks a lot for your pics. And I do like your selection.

Ciao. John
For you my friend:


Image

damn, I can't wait to get back to the US...
Attachments
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg (87.04 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
User avatar
rwenstrup
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

RE: What is this?

Post by rwenstrup »

Looks like a Focke-Wolf or a Macci
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
Buckrock
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:10 am
Location: Not all there

RE: What is this?

Post by Buckrock »

Pffff....

Can't pronounce it.

Is that a cannon in your nose or are you just happy to see me?
This was the only sig line I could think of.
User avatar
Reg
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri May 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NSW, Australia

RE: What is this?

Post by Reg »

ORIGINAL: Historiker

And what is this?

Image

Do 335
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Mac Linehan
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Denver Colorado

RE: What is this?

Post by Mac Linehan »

zuluhour -

Very beautiful aircraft in professionally done images.

I have downloaded to enjoy in the future.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: What is this?

Post by zuluhour »

[:)]
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”