THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good Saturday morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

I'm nice and stiff from golfing for the first time in 9 months yesterday, but at least I get to go stand around in a freezing ice rink for a couple of hours this morning. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

"Nice and stiff", eh?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Login word was an actual name today: ULRIKA

In Fall of the Samurai, my clan has a British military advisor in employ. He won't stop saying "GOOD SHOW, WHAT-WHAT?"

Apparently, I can't order him to commit Seppuku.

Sounds like a fun game to me. [:D]

Naval combat is fun. "Wind? We don't need no steenkin' wind!"
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

"Nice and stiff", eh?

My wife is home from her trip. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Login word was an actual name today: ULRIKA

In Fall of the Samurai, my clan has a British military advisor in employ. He won't stop saying "GOOD SHOW, WHAT-WHAT?"

Apparently, I can't order him to commit Seppuku.

I don't suppose there's any "surprise involuntary Seppuku" commands that you can issue? What-what? [:D]
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Terminus

"Nice and stiff", eh?

My wife is home from her trip. [:D]
Alright, alright-enough of that bit. Smut talk like that should be relegated to the "disregard" thread. [:D]
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nope. I park him in a city where he can support training of troops and try to forget about him.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Login word was an actual name today: ULRIKA

In Fall of the Samurai, my clan has a British military advisor in employ. He won't stop saying "GOOD SHOW, WHAT-WHAT?"

Apparently, I can't order him to commit Seppuku.

Sounds like a fun game to me. [:D]

Naval combat is fun. "Wind? We don't need no steenkin' wind!"
Muscle and oar or steam-powered?
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nope. I park him in a city where he can support training of troops and try to forget about him.
Jolly good, old boy. Jolly, jolly good!
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: USS America




Sounds like a fun game to me. [:D]

Naval combat is fun. "Wind? We don't need no steenkin' wind!"
Muscle and oar or steam-powered?

Well, it's 1864-76, so... You start out with wooden paddle-wheel steamers, then you get coppered wooden screw ships and then finally ironclads.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by jeffk3510 »

"The peasants are lazy" I loved the first one.

Mowing all day today. Thank god for Bad Company and IPod
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I like it a lot. You have to balance the need to modernise the country in order to improve revenue and get better military units with the need to not tear down all the old traditions so fast that your people start going into revolts all over the place.

There are two factions, the Imperial and Shogunate, and the other members of your faction actually contribute towards victory in that their provinces count in the race for control of Japan.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good day!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

We had big congress to organize at work - I was technical support and was very busy for the past
few days...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Springtime is in fool bloom here... wild cherry trees are blooming in spectacular whites... I only had pants, short sleeved shirt and sunglasses on today... [8D]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
I must have ticked off the weather gods...[:(]
Well, you *do* live in Washington state, Brad...doesn't that go with the territory?

Good morning THREAD dudes...[&o]


When I moved here from Georgia I was shocked to find that we didn't have the Weather Channel on cable. After awhile I realized that it didn't really matter...

There are days where I wonder if my name isn't Joe Btfsplk. I used to have co-workers ask me if I was planning to go camping on the upcoming weekend. If I said yes, then they wouldn't plan any outdoor activities because it was sure to rain...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

"The peasants are lazy" I loved the first one.

Mowing all day today. Thank god for Bad Company and IPod

Post cleaning out the garage tithe. Then cutting and burning vines and nettles in the back 40. Feeling smoky, dirty and spent. But, by jove, I got 'er done.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

You know what?

A hot shower, some salty party mix and Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen is pretty good after a day of dirty, hot and smelly manual labor. [8D]
Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25455
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Zssssssssss time...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”