Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG (Closed)

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Post Reply
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG (Closed)

Post by Michael T »

Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Server Game
Non random weather
Locked HQ's
FOW
Latest beta's ok

House Rules:
1. No Para drops beyond 10 hexes from the front line. No Soviet Para drops before the first blizzard.

This will be my 17th CG. So please experienced human V human players only. Preperably someone who is active on this forum. I can do a turn every 2 days on average. *However* I will be away from home from the 8th April to the 14th April so we may have a slow start to the game. But things will pick up thereafter.

My previous opponents have been:

Jasper15 (3)
sitito (2)
DicedT (3)
timmyab (1)
sillyflower (1)
majeloz (1)
smokindave34 (1) AAR (Kuybyshev or Bust)
Marquo (1)
821Bobo (2) AAR's (Kremlin Capers) & (Hell bent on Lebensraum)
Vorsteher (1) AAR (Mission Impossible: The Urals)

Please provide me with your playing list in similar format to above.

*Warning* I use HQ Buildup in its various forms. If you don't like this rule give playing me a miss.

PM if interested.

Thanks
KamilS
Posts: 2041
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 pm

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by KamilS »

Since my game vs Pelton is almost done I am looking for new game as a Soviet. (I have one ongoing as a German)


I play(ed):

Oleg, Mehring, Encircled (2), Mazzah, Jajusha, Cyclop, Pelton, Callistrid, Stephane, Sal



I can do about 3-4 turns a week
Kamil
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by Michael T »

Sounds good if you are happy with my house rules etc. I will set up the game tonight when I get home from work. My turn rate won't be as fast as yours. I have a 6 month old baby. But I average a turn every 2 days. I will PM you with a password for the game.
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by Michael T »


Unfortunately I have had to call off my game with Kamil. Thankfully I did not waste too much of his time as we only played turn one. For me the demands of work and a 6 month old baby who refuses to let his mum and dad get any more than 4 broken hours of sleep a night have put paid to my WITE game time for the foreseeable future. So with great reluctance I have to take a break from WITE for a while.
 
Kamil has been very understanding and I wish him and you all well.
MT
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Michael T


Unfortunately I have had to call off my game with Kamil. Thankfully I did not waste too much of his time as we only played turn one. For me the demands of work and a 6 month old baby who refuses to let his mum and dad get any more than 4 broken hours of sleep a night have put paid to my WITE game time for the foreseeable future. So with great reluctance I have to take a break from WITE for a while.

Kamil has been very understanding and I wish him and you all well.
MT

Defeated at last, although by mewling rather than muleing[:D]

You have my sympathy. They normally settle down by 6 months: the lull before they get mobile and eat all your cardboard units
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
User avatar
Michael T
Posts: 4445
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia.

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by Michael T »

It's like I have 2 different babies, one is a delight through the day hours, the other some hysterical creature of the night [&:]
wmcalpine
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:03 pm

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by wmcalpine »

Michael T,

I am afraid it does not significantly change with age. My kids are 18 and 22 and they are still prone to getting into situations that keep me up at night far too often.

All jokes aside, Enjoy!

Bill
User avatar
sillyflower
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Location: Back in Blighty

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: Michael T

It's like I have 2 different babies, one is a delight through the day hours, the other some hysterical creature of the night [&:]

and which of these is you?[&:]
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
hfarrish
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:52 pm

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by hfarrish »


I had to drop all games when we had the second - anyone who manages to keep playing and have two kids is either superhuman or has a really superhuman spouse. You do miss it after a while though...
User avatar
Encircled
Posts: 2097
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: Northern England

RE: Seeking a Soviet opponent for the new 'Alt' 41-45 CG.

Post by Encircled »

Mine are three and four.

Anyone who can keep playing with kids deserves full respect!
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents Wanted”