Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- khyberbill
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
- Location: new milford, ct
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Rob and I are exchanging emails about a re-start of RA once 4.1 is finalized. I have an idea; instead of going back through the chinese OOB again, just juice up the supply in Chungking to say 2000 a day!!! [:D]
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
John,
I did some comparison of RA 4.0 vs Scenario 1 in India, Burma, Malaya, and USA. They are OK from that comparison. I was under the false assumption that Scenario 1 and 2 as Allies were the same LCU wise. I was wrong. Scenario 2 has the Allied LCUs in India, Burma, and USA significantly reduced in starting TO&E strength. Since RA is using Scenario 1 LCU set up, you are good to go.
Looks like China is the one that was a major mix up. Good for you!! [:D]
I did some comparison of RA 4.0 vs Scenario 1 in India, Burma, Malaya, and USA. They are OK from that comparison. I was under the false assumption that Scenario 1 and 2 as Allies were the same LCU wise. I was wrong. Scenario 2 has the Allied LCUs in India, Burma, and USA significantly reduced in starting TO&E strength. Since RA is using Scenario 1 LCU set up, you are good to go.
Looks like China is the one that was a major mix up. Good for you!! [:D]
[center]
[/center]
[/center]- khyberbill
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
- Location: new milford, ct
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
That is because John loves ground war in China!Looks like China is the one that was a major mix up. Good for you!!
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Hey Stanislav! Good to see you Posting.
Thank Goodness it only really concerns the Chinese. Spent 2 hours going through the LCUs side-by-side this morning and was brain-fried! Ask Michael. He called as I was getting done. WHY is it always the Chinese? Makes no sense to me...
IF we have no major problems with other countries then we're OK.
Count of this going out tomorrow around Noon my time. I will send to Stanislav, Michael, and Khyberbill. Have got all three of their emails. Stanislav will Post it on the RA Page.
Thank Goodness it only really concerns the Chinese. Spent 2 hours going through the LCUs side-by-side this morning and was brain-fried! Ask Michael. He called as I was getting done. WHY is it always the Chinese? Makes no sense to me...
IF we have no major problems with other countries then we're OK.
Count of this going out tomorrow around Noon my time. I will send to Stanislav, Michael, and Khyberbill. Have got all three of their emails. Stanislav will Post it on the RA Page.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Changes made and the files are on their way to Michael for checking over...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Just got done talking with Michael and things look pretty good. Did some tweaks and think we're there.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Files sent to FatR.
Changes made:
1. Pensacola TF at Darwin and it is partially loaded.
2. Re-Arranged the Japanese Command HQ and placed a better delineation of the real command lines.
3. Chinese Infantry dealt with---AGAIN!
4. American Industry disabled approx 30% to reflect spinning up of the US Industry.
5. Chinese, IJA, and SNLF Inf Squads names changed adding in the year they become available (ie SNLF Squad 43)
Changes made:
1. Pensacola TF at Darwin and it is partially loaded.
2. Re-Arranged the Japanese Command HQ and placed a better delineation of the real command lines.
3. Chinese Infantry dealt with---AGAIN!
4. American Industry disabled approx 30% to reflect spinning up of the US Industry.
5. Chinese, IJA, and SNLF Inf Squads names changed adding in the year they become available (ie SNLF Squad 43)

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
- khyberbill
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
- Location: new milford, ct
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
When will the files be ready for downloading?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Do you still have my email? Shot me a note and I'll send the zip file.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
- khyberbill
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
- Location: new milford, ct
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
LOL, I sent you an email about a week ago asking how you and the family were doing. I also asked if you wanted the spare $3m I had laying about or should I send it to the Luddites. When I did not hear from you, I sent it to the Luddites (I did send them an email telling them how to get it, hopefully they have computers by now).
Have already sent an email to Mr. Benoit. Thanks though. I hope Rob will start the turn tonight but I know he is busy with work until this weekend.
Have already sent an email to Mr. Benoit. Thanks though. I hope Rob will start the turn tonight but I know he is busy with work until this weekend.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
The 4.1 version is available for upload on the site (see my signature). Just saying. Had no chance to take a good look at it yet.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
- khyberbill
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
- Location: new milford, ct
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Thanks Mr. S. Got it from Michael.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
RA 4.1a just sent to Stanislav. There is a simple database correction in it. Michael noticed that the A-24 don't get any replacements after just a couple of months and have no upgrade path. FIXED that. The A-24 producing until late-summer 42 and then is replaced by the successor to the Banshee. No big deal but helps some...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
-
el cid again
- Posts: 16984
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:40 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
RE Pensacola Convoy - if you want surface forces - just keep entire Asiatic Fleet at Manila
I think dispersal is wise - but it was there to be a fighting force - and it would be a historical option to do what was long planned -
have it fight as a unit
ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Since a number of new RA 4.0 games have started with experienced players I wanted to open this Thread up for comments, questions, issues, and ideas for a 4.1 Version of the Mod.
Comments I've gotten or heard to this point:
1. China bases needing garrisons on DAY ONE with no troops in them. (Easy Fix)
2. The location of the Pensacola TF at Manila providing a nasty surprise to Japanese players while at the same time offering a VP FEAST for the Japanese side.
3. A number of Allied units in China, India, and USA starting a FULL strength instead of cadre level.
4. The A-24's having a withdrawl date when the intention is for that NOT to be so.
These are notes off the top of my head. What have I missed or need to be added?
Am looking for Japanese as well as Allied feedback.
Thanks!
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
Allied air groups - In one of the future versions, I would like see some of the American Army fighter and bomber groups be able to combine to become 75 fighters strong for FG and 48 strong for BG. Most of the American Army fighter have 4 components at start and when they come in as replacements - 3 x 25 planes and a fourth as a 5 plane HQ group that is always withdrawn. Can you use the Editor to have the large 75 plane FG come in broken down into 3 x 25 plane squadrons and sometime in '43 or later, the fourth part comes in as 1 plane group that allows the whole 75 group to be formed. Sort of like how the Japanese infantry come in as an "Infantry Group" that has some FA, Engineers, and maybe a small tank unit come in later (sometimes years later) that allows it to be recombined into a full division.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]- BigBadWolf
- Posts: 584
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:01 am
- Location: Serbia
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
I just got some of the much feared Vietnamese militia emergency reinforcements and they are static? Why are they static?

RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
They shouldn't be static. Am sure Stanislav and I NEVER touched those obscure units. After church I will take a look and see if there is a problem.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
American Recon Production/Replacement Rate
I know I spoke with John about increase them, but they are still like stock. [:(] You can easily run out in 42 and 43 before the future models kick in.
F-4 Lightning (ID 315) - 4/mo from 9/42 to 12/42 - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F-5A Lightning (ID 316) - 4/mo from 1/43 to 5/44 - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F-7A Liberator (ID 320) - 4/mo from 3/44 to end - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F4F-7 Wildcat (ID 426) - 6/mo from 11/42 to 12/42 - increase to 8 to 10/mo AND change production end date till 12/43
I know that John added the carrier capable Judy recon aircraft for Japan in 42, so it would be nice if the American had this same ability.
I know I spoke with John about increase them, but they are still like stock. [:(] You can easily run out in 42 and 43 before the future models kick in.
F-4 Lightning (ID 315) - 4/mo from 9/42 to 12/42 - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F-5A Lightning (ID 316) - 4/mo from 1/43 to 5/44 - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F-7A Liberator (ID 320) - 4/mo from 3/44 to end - increase to 6 to 8/mo
F4F-7 Wildcat (ID 426) - 6/mo from 11/42 to 12/42 - increase to 8 to 10/mo AND change production end date till 12/43
I know that John added the carrier capable Judy recon aircraft for Japan in 42, so it would be nice if the American had this same ability.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]- Dan Nichols
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral 4.1
I have a question about LCUs starting with no supply. There are a number of LCUs that start with no supply. My question is if this was intentional or not.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person



