MANUAL?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
jadgtiger
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:00 am

MANUAL?

Post by jadgtiger »

Hi to all.

the link for downloading the manual of SPWAW 4.1 in the download center seems broken. Where else can i get the manuals?


Thanks in advance
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Hi Jadgtiger!

Go to my web site and you can download the manual from my site. I have both v4.0 and v4.1 Image

Tankhead
Originally posted by jadgtiger:
Hi to all.
the link for downloading the manual of SPWAW 4.1 in the download center seems broken. Where else can i get the manuals?
Thanks in advance
Tankhead

Image
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Forgot the signature Image

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
[url="http://tankhead__1.tripod.com"]http://tankhead__1.tripod.com[/url]
Squid "Unix" use the URL below.
http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1
Tankhead

Image
kao16
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by kao16 »

Tankhead,

Tried to download from your site (Manual V4.1 and yesterday - the new OOBs).

Couldn't do so.

p.s. I am also forced to use the Squid "Unix" URL to access your site.

Bonzo
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Peace River, AB, Canada
Contact:

Post by Bonzo »

Try it at my site then. Image

There's a link to it on my site as well.

------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://www.nwbattalion.com
E-mail
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Hi Kao16!

Could you try it again I got rid of all the _ - on my site. I hope it cures the problem with some downloads.

Tankhead
Originally posted by kao16:
Tankhead,
Tried to download from your site (Manual V4.1 and yesterday - the new OOBs).
Couldn't do so.
p.s. I am also forced to use the Squid "Unix" URL to access your site.


------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
[url="http://tankhead__1.tripod.com"]http://tankhead__1.tripod.com[/url]
Squid "Unix" use the URL below.
http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1
Tankhead

Image
kao16
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by kao16 »

Bonzo: When I failed to download from Tankhead's site I tried yours. Didn't work. Same results as Tankhead's.

Tankhead: Just tried again. Failed (using Netscape 4.7). After each attempt the screen refreshes and adds ?1 after the URL.

One attempt .....zip?1
two attempts ....zip?1?1
etc

I was successful in downloading using IE (shock horror). But Netscape 4.7 would not take me to the standard download dialog window.

Bonzo
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Peace River, AB, Canada
Contact:

Post by Bonzo »

I don't know, Kao16,
After watching "Tankhead's Trials" (and commiserating with him on the phone) I went through & renamed all the files on my page, rewrite all the HTML links & reuploaded it all. It may be that you caught the site when it was half-way there (file names changed, but new HTML not up yet) or it could be the way your preferences are set in Netscape.
The file is at this link now. http://nwbattalion.tripod.com/tutorialfiles/spwawmanualv41.zip

I use Netscape 4.76 & I just tried it & it works for me. Tripod sends you to a generated DL page first, where you have to click on a link to actually get the file. Your problem may be in the way this is coded, but, as I said, I use the same proggie & it worked for me 5 minutes ago.

------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://nwbattalion.tripod.com
E-mail nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://www.nwbattalion.com
E-mail
Tommy
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed May 31, 2000 8:00 am
Location: In that brush, behind you; raising a PIAT to my sh

Post by Tommy »

Tankhead: Just tried again. Failed (using Netscape 4.7). After each attempt the screen refreshes and adds ?1 after the URL.

One attempt .....zip?1
two attempts ....zip?1?1
etc
================================
Tankhead & Bonzo,

I was getting this result as well on both sites. I just got returned to the tripod screen with the link. As I was sitting there, staring at the screen trying to determine what to do next, the usual download window popped up - about 2 or 3 minutes after I clicked on the URL. I think your links have been OK all along, we are just getting a huge delay due to network congestion?? When you test it, you probably got a quick response.

Tommy
Larry Holt
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Atlanta, GA 30068

Post by Larry Holt »

Originally posted by Bonzo:
I don't know, Kao16,
...The file is at this link now. http://nwbattalion.tripod.com/tutorialfiles/spwawmanualv41.zip ...
I've been trying for weeks to down load the manual using Netscape. I would get blank pages, pages that never finished loading, etc. I attributed this to some quirk of my firewall. However this link worked!! Oh joy, now I can RTFM and not ask stupid questions.
I just have to wait for 155 pages to print off...

------------------
An old soldier but not yet a faded one.
OK, maybe just a bit faded.
Never take counsel of your fears.
kao16
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by kao16 »

Originally posted by Tommy:
Tankhead: Just tried again. Failed (using Netscape 4.7). After each attempt the screen refreshes and adds ?1 after the URL.


One attempt .....zip?1
two attempts ....zip?1?1
etc
================================
Tankhead & Bonzo,


I was getting this result as well on both sites. I just got returned to the tripod screen with the link. As I was sitting there, staring at the screen trying to determine what to do next, the usual download window popped up - about 2 or 3 minutes after I clicked on the URL. I think your links have been OK all along, we are just getting a huge delay due to network congestion?? When you test it, you probably got a quick response.


Tommy

The point is that I got this response 6-8 times while trying to download using Netscape 4.7, when I tried with IE it worked. This would have been about 10:00pm US time (All attempts were suquential over a matter of minutes). So I'm not so sure about the network congestion (I was also able to download the new OOBs from Fabio's (??) site when I couldn't get them from Tankhead's)


Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”