PEBM game questions?

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Sand Pebble
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: pennsylvania

PEBM game questions?

Post by Sand Pebble »

I'am playing my first PEBM game as the Allies and I have noticed some differences in the game display from when I have played the AI. Why don't I see it displayed when my C-47's transporting troops or supplies? I also don't see the notification when ships or troops arrive in theater. Is this a problem or conflict in the game setup or just a PEBM bug?
wobbly
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:27 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Post by wobbly »

I am not entirely sure but I think the reason is that both sides see the same combat report and this is information you should know about but you may not necessarily want the opposition to know about it.

This is one of the things that should stay hidden, there are others that the forum thinks should be reduced in information like which ships are hitting mines, it is very unlikely the enemy will know this info.
[center]
Image
[/center]
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Sand...if you're talking about the Combat Replay in the PBEM, I believe those items are intentionally excluded to preserve the "fog of war". Don't forget, your opponent also reviews the combat replay. If he doesn't know that the Wasp, Hornet and Enterprise all showed up on the same day, you may be able to throw a nice party :) Ditto on the air transport...you can use that to sneak in some engineers and build up a base for eg. You will see a report if air transport is intercepted by enemy fighters.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”