SPWaW 7.1 Formation limit

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
Hal9k
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:16 am

SPWaW 7.1 Formation limit

Post by Hal9k »

Following the preferences I should be able to set the formation limit up to 400 - though I never get to buy more than 100 formations, even in battle editor.
Am I the only one with this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Am I doing nothing wrong but nevertheless someone has a solution?
john g
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: college station, tx usa

Re: SPWaW 7.1 Formation limit

Post by john g »

Originally posted by Hal9k
Following the preferences I should be able to set the formation limit up to 400 - though I never get to buy more than 100 formations, even in battle editor.
Am I the only one with this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Am I doing nothing wrong but nevertheless someone has a solution?


I think the code was changed back around v4 to allow no more than 200 formations and 400 units total for both sides added together.

If you are buying formations with an average of 4 units each (platoons) you are pegging out the max unit limit before the max formation limit.

Try buying snipers, you should be able to buy more than 100.

The game becomes more unstable with more units, if you put all possible units out there, you tend to lose crews when vehicles are destroyed, etc.
thanks, John.
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

john g is right. And another tip: watch the formations count in the bottom left corner of the purchase screen. If you buy alot of little, cheap units you can run out of formations. Also, if you buy 100 formations at the beginning, there is no room for reinforcements. Not a good thing when you planned on calling for more units. The good news is that if all the units of a formation are killed it opens up a slot to buy reinforcements. I was just begging my opponent to kill my crewmen in one battle.

Try not to get too close to the limits though for better gameplay.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Warhorse »

I don't think I ever ran into this limitation thing with the crews! My campaign core group is a German Tank Bn, complete with HQ reserve tank platoon, and other attachments, also Armored infantyr Bn, with same, AND supports, until recently, when battles are too easy, now I don't allow supports, but even with this, and tons of enemy units, I still get crews etc. I'm at work, so I can't tell how many units my core has off-hand.
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

I know it happens because 3/2 ACR and I tried a 20k point each battle with no limits on buying. I purposely bailed a crew in turn 1 and the crew simply vanished as soon as I confirmed the bail. I am certain that we hit the 400 limit between the both of us. It does seem strange to have a 100 formation limit per side and a only a 400 unit limit combined. It seems low to me but there it is.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”