Is that even possible? Wouldn't you have to have his password?ORIGINAL: hadley
Hey, guys!
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it appears to me that Ironduke1955 was passed over on this last round. Looks like it went from "to Hate 13d" to "to Kraft 14a". Anyone remember seeing a "to Iron 13e"? I caught it because Hatem commented in another forum that Ironduke1955 had not logged on in almost a month. Has anyone heard from him? Perhaps I'm just totally missing something? [:)]
Happy Hunting! ~ Doug
Pentagon [CLOSED]
Moderator: Vic
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Is the consensus that it IS safe to take my turn?
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Yeah that seems impossible. Even if you name the file wrong, how does someone get into Irons turn?
Iron generally deletes his saves from the DB, I assume when he cuts and pastes. I copy and paste so my turn is still in there. I always know when Irons turns are about to be completed because I see his saves deleted from the DB heh
Though I cant remember if I noticed it before I did my turn, but it seems unlikely to have occured.
Iron generally deletes his saves from the DB, I assume when he cuts and pastes. I copy and paste so my turn is still in there. I always know when Irons turns are about to be completed because I see his saves deleted from the DB heh
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
I opened my turn and received a cheat message regards a ealier player I ignored it as I normally do. I trust my fellow gamers 100%. I was also flagged as a cheat not sure what that is all about. And I am not concerned since I am not in a shooting war. My tardy turns are due to not checking, since they have been very slow coming back. I normally play my turns within hours of receiving them.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Guys I think the game is screwed up. I just opened "PENTAGON-KRAFT-SAIL-HAD-HATE-IRON-to SAIL 014b.at2" and it says it's Round 13. I believe it should be round 14. Not sure what to do at this point.
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
After running through the replay a couple of times, I recognize this turn as turn 13 (which I completed on June 26th).
I also got a flurry of messages that PR, States, New Union, and Charlemagne (myself) had opened Round 13 for a second time.
Not sure where the problem is. Not sure how to proceed.
I also got a flurry of messages that PR, States, New Union, and Charlemagne (myself) had opened Round 13 for a second time.
Not sure where the problem is. Not sure how to proceed.
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
ORIGINAL: Kraftwerk
Yeah that seems impossible. Even if you name the file wrong, how does someone get into Irons turn?
My bad... I didn't mean to imply that someone played the turn. I was thinking that maybe the file had been misnamed and passed on to Kraft instead of Iron. Now I see where the file had been deleted. Sorry for causing confusion...

~ hadley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
ORIGINAL: SailingGuy
After running through the replay a couple of times, I recognize this turn as turn 13 (which I completed on June 26th).
I also got a flurry of messages that PR, States, New Union, and Charlemagne (myself) had opened Round 13 for a second time.
Not sure where the problem is. Not sure how to proceed.
I noticed in this post that I was the only one not mentioned in the "flurry of messages" about re-opening round 13, when in reality I was the only one who did reopen round 13. (See my earlier post about my Mac locking up.) Because of this, I decided to open the round again just to see what it said. There was nothing about anyone else, only that I had now opened it a third time. Doesn't solve the problem, but I offer it up as additional info, perhaps as a piece in the puzzle for someone else to solve. I'm hoping I'm not the cause because of my computer issue...
If worse came to worse, could we replay round 13 beginning with turn 13a to Kraft? As mentioned, we're not yet in a shooting war, that I'm aware of... [:)] My only thought...
~ hadley aka Doug
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
I think that perhaps someone did their turn #14, but accidentally uploaded their turn #13. Is that possible? If so, why don't we roll the game back to that point?
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
I actually had that same thought after my last post. So start again with Kraft's turn 14a?
~ hadley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Anybody out there?
~ hadley
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
I'm here. Just waiting for the redo.
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Does Kraft know that?
~ hadley
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
[&:] Not sure. Doesn't seem to be active right now. On vacation maybe?
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Damn I just didnt check the forums recently. Whats the problem exactly? Is the turn in there for sailing guy not correct? Im confused.
-
SailingGuy
- Posts: 483
- Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm
- Contact:
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
I think the consensus is for you to redo turn 14 (making sure it says "round 14" in-game; my most recent turn says "round 13" when it should be 14). If it doesn't say "round 14", I have no idea what to do. Maybe we just redo all of the 14 turns and hope to get back on track.
Phil
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
aka SailingGuy
To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs.
~Aldous Huxley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Ok I think I understand what happened.
Either the peoples republic, or the states, instead of doing turn 13, did turn 12 a 2nd time, and passed it on as 13.
I thought I had moved all those cargoships previously and now I know why.
Either the peoples republic, or the states, instead of doing turn 13, did turn 12 a 2nd time, and passed it on as 13.
I thought I had moved all those cargoships previously and now I know why.
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
After some deliberation I think the best way is to just rename 14a and 14b as 13a and 13b and continue on. Figuring out where this went wrong might be impossible, or take longer than it already has (sorry I didnt check the forums
should of after a few days of nothing happening) and I cant think of a way that someone would "lose" a turn if we carried on, renaming the turn, and potentially less people redo a turn, if hadley was the one who did turn 12 twice, and saves us the headache of figuring out what the hell happened.
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Kraftwerk,
So, just to clarify, you're saying that SailingGuy should take the current 14b in the dropbox, rename it turn 13b, and then pass it on to Hadley as turn 13c, and go from there. Is that correct? If so, let's do it! How do we make sure that we don't confuse the new turns with the old round 13 turns? Perhaps 13a(2), 13b(2), etc... ? Just trying to make sure a bad situation doesn't get worse...
Happy Hunting, soon! ~ hadley
So, just to clarify, you're saying that SailingGuy should take the current 14b in the dropbox, rename it turn 13b, and then pass it on to Hadley as turn 13c, and go from there. Is that correct? If so, let's do it! How do we make sure that we don't confuse the new turns with the old round 13 turns? Perhaps 13a(2), 13b(2), etc... ? Just trying to make sure a bad situation doesn't get worse...
Happy Hunting, soon! ~ hadley
RE: Pentagon [CLOSED]
Aye that is correct. Technically we've all redone our turns. Best course of action is to just continue on. Renaming it is just a formality really, if its confusing we can keep going with the same labels.
Going back to where the path diverged and produced a 2nd set of turn 13s, and redoing that turn, would just lead to the same results as we already have and would lead to more work.
Going back to where the path diverged and produced a 2nd set of turn 13s, and redoing that turn, would just lead to the same results as we already have and would lead to more work.

