Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
User avatar
Icedawg
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Upstate New York

Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Icedawg »

I just downloaded combat reporter and tried opening it using the batch file as per the running instructions, but I got the error message shown below. Any ideas on where I go from here?

Image
Attachments
ForumPost17.jpg
ForumPost17.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 224 times
User avatar
Dan Nichols
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Dan Nichols »

try removing the -server in the bat file. I don't have that in mine and it works fine.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
User avatar
kevin_hx
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: China
Contact:

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by kevin_hx »

Why did you add the -server parameter in your bat file?
User avatar
Icedawg
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Upstate New York

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx

Why did you add the -server parameter in your bat file?

I didn't add anything. I just downloaded, extracted and opened the batch file.
User avatar
Icedawg
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Upstate New York

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

try removing the -server in the bat file. I don't have that in mine and it works fine.

Okay, I removed the "-server", but now I'm getting this crazy list of messages ending with this. Any ideas?

Image
Attachments
ForumPost19.jpg
ForumPost19.jpg (192.85 KiB) Viewed 224 times
User avatar
Dan Nichols
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Dan Nichols »

Run it again, and after it stops set your paths. File -> Preferences will get you to here:



Image

Then set the two paths.
Attachments
reporter_1.jpg
reporter_1.jpg (224.82 KiB) Viewed 224 times
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
User avatar
Icedawg
Posts: 1613
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: Upstate New York

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Icedawg »

ORIGINAL: Dan Nichols

Run it again, and after it stops set your paths. File -> Preferences will get you to here:



Image

Then set the two paths.

Thanks Dan! It seems to be working now.

Related question: The "PBEM Ric Carpenter BigBabes B v 10" that you have shown in your screenshot, is that to help the program select only the game you are concerned with at the moment? Can you tell the program to only select reports from a particular game if you have several in progress?
User avatar
Dan Nichols
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Dan Nichols »

I use a separate directory for each game I am playing. That is the easiest way I know to keep things separate. It's the least confusing for me.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
Jimbahadur
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:18 am

RE: Help Getting Combat Reporter To Run

Post by Jimbahadur »

I have installed Combat Reporter and can enter the programme. Removed -server from Batch file to get map showing but all reports are blank - just a start date for scenario. Trawled through forum threads and checked such things as the paths in the preference window as well as using forward slashes but still no success. Java version jre6. Grateful if anyone has any advice?

Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”