forum extremely unstable?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by AW1Steve »

Yes , lately the forum has been SOMEWHAT unstable. It's residence now, those are always EXTREMELY unstable! [:D]

But even here , is the center of the universe....(well , the center of the USA at any rate) where we seldom have internet problems, we've had some hangups trying to reach the forum in the last couple of days. [:(]
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by witpqs »

Forum badly unstable right now for me.
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by geofflambert »

I've been having a lot of that post lost stuff, I just took about 10 minutes to write one and it disappeared. [:@] I'm sending this one as a test before I retype all that and try again.


edit: hooray! but that took about 20 seconds to go through.

User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by ilovestrategy »

It's been timing out on me also. I'll have to see what Ambrose's Technical Manual has. It covers just about everything related to the Internet, including war gaming forums.
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by fodder »

I just had a very hard time signing in. The log in froze up on me three times.
Image
jcjordan
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:00 am

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by jcjordan »

Working in IT myself, I've been seeing alot of DoS attacks lately so what you might be experiencing is just a logjam effect that the servers you're going through are just overloaded & having problems keeping up.
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by jeffk3510 »

I was having problems last night and most of the day today.. seems to be better now.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
rockmedic109
Posts: 2472
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by rockmedic109 »

Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?

You're unstable? Is there someone nearby who can remove the sharp objects? [:D]

Commander Stormwolf
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by Commander Stormwolf »


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8v8iy8QOKc


perhaps... someone did not put enough foam in his coffee [:D]
"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by geofflambert »

OK Stormwolf, you're going to have to stop attempting to be funny, because HEY, your are funny. Except when you aren't, which is all the time. Coming from me, and I'm never funny, that's a low blow. Just grip yourself, dude.

User avatar
Historiker
Posts: 4742
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Location: Deutschland

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by Historiker »

I had serious problems accessing the forum yesterday. So you are not alone, Christian [;)]
Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by castor troy »

good to hear it's not just me, hope they can fix it.
rockmedic109
Posts: 2472
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by rockmedic109 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Forums fine for me.....but I'm unstable. Maybe I have a virus?

You're unstable? Is there someone nearby who can remove the sharp objects? [:D]
Nobody that I trust near sharp objects.....particuliarly if they are protruding from sensitive parts of my anatomy.[:D]
User avatar
CaptBeefheart
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:42 am
Location: Seoul, Korea

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Seems to be working pretty well from Korea other than a couple of reloads necessary (no big deal whatsoever). Clearly North Korea isn't behind this or I'd be experiencing grief.

Cheers,
CC
Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.
User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by HansBolter »

The day all this instability took place (and I experienced it myself with pages here taking several minutes to download if they downloaded at all) we heard from several businesses and municipal government HQs along the west coast of Florida that they had no internet service at all for several hours. The difficulties here could have been part of a lrager problem.
Hans

JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by JocMeister »

Having issues from time to time aswell!
Image
User avatar
PaxMondo
Posts: 11283
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by PaxMondo »

This morning worse than usual. upgrading servers is $$$$ ... are in process at my office.
Pax
User avatar
n01487477
Posts: 4764
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by n01487477 »

Well Matrix forum software is 2.4.5 whereas the latest from ASPPlayground.net is 3.9

In a post in the General Forum area ...
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

There are lots of things we can do but the forum software doesn't support them so means hacking it to pieces to do anything like that.

The best thing to do is upgrade the forum software but that's a bigger job so we need to work out how that fits in to the schedule.
Yeah ... like it hasn't already been years due ... Didn't Matrix hire someone months ago? ... apart from making it harder to loggin I'm not sure what this guy is being paid for. I shoulda applied!

Anyway - these probs are probably a DoS attack rather than this ... but it is about time Matrix put a bit of cash into infrastructure.
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: forum extremely unstable?

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Well Matrix forum software is 2.4.5 whereas the latest from ASPPlayground.net is 3.9

In a post in the General Forum area ...
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

There are lots of things we can do but the forum software doesn't support them so means hacking it to pieces to do anything like that.

The best thing to do is upgrade the forum software but that's a bigger job so we need to work out how that fits in to the schedule.
Yeah ... like it hasn't already been years due ... Didn't Matrix hire someone months ago? ... apart from making it harder to loggin I'm not sure what this guy is being paid for. I shoulda applied!

Anyway - these probs are probably a DoS attack rather than this ... but it is about time Matrix put a bit of cash into infrastructure.


especially as the forum is quite good commercial for them. Without his forum, I would have never bought WITP or AE for example and those two games aren't the only ones I bought. None of them if I wouldn't have stumbled across this forum.
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”