Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

1. Leave to run an errand. The turn will arrive 2.3 minutes after you leave. You will then realize had you not left, there is a chance you and your opponent could have flipped another turn that day, but now there's no chance. Drat!

2. Try to go to bed at a decent hour. However, your sleep will be resless as you mind refuses to give up ruminating over the map. Finally, you will doze, only to awake at a terribly early hour to check your in box.

3. Your wife calls to you coquettishly from the bedroom. Okay. That does the trick.

A turn replay or the game file arrives RIGHT as I leave for work.. never fails.

I hate when my phone goes off... DROOOOID.. I am pumped.. look at it... Amazing New Penny Stock Ready to Blast Off!
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

That is so true.[:D]
ORIGINAL: denisonh

This is precisely why there is so much traffic on this forum, and why the PBEM crowd is VERY WELL represented here as well.......
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Commander Stormwolf
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Commander Stormwolf »

looking at my Il-2 picture of the Reisen

that might be the best angle...

lower right corner with that nice curved tail [8D]

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
User avatar
jb123
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:49 pm

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by jb123 »

This looks just like my desktop.... Even the docs behind your open screens are WitP related: (torpedo command... war plan orange....)


I think we are all sickos.
User avatar
adsoul64
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Milan Italy

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by adsoul64 »

You're lucky. My opponent sent me a mail pretending he needs "time to figure how and where to go next". That's happened one week ago and I'm still waiting for news from him but I guess I'd better to write off this game [:@]. So what I do between turns? I figure how to kill my opponent and how to start a new PBEM (but I'd like a DaBigBabes this time!).
User avatar
Miller
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 am
Location: Ashington, England.

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Miller »

I often contemplate starting up a second game during the quiet times in my current one.......but I know I wouldn't be able to cope when both opponents are cranking out the turns at a decent rate. Maybe when I retire in 28[:(] years time..........
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by zuluhour »

I thought I'd post a little tease here for you guys.


Image
Attachments
tease.jpg
tease.jpg (104.97 KiB) Viewed 307 times
User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by zuluhour »

Then I finish my post and check my mailbox...[:D]
I got a raft of reinforcements this turn and it is taking me a long time to deploy them. You should have turn 709 by the time you get back from work on Tuesday.

Itdepends
Posts: 937
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:59 am

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Itdepends »

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510
A turn replay or the game file arrives RIGHT as I leave for work.. never fails.

I hate when my phone goes off... DROOOOID.. I am pumped.. look at it... Amazing New Penny Stock Ready to Blast Off!
Exactly - turn arrives before work and of course I've got time to watch it- sure I won't be late (not). Find out on a 2 day turn half way through the replay my opponent is bombarding with a gazillion units in the Chunking seige. Half an hour later I've got to the end of the replay.
User avatar
crsutton
Posts: 9590
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:56 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by crsutton »

Viperpol and I have just passed 1,000 turns in our game. Two and a half years of combat. We generally do a turn a day. Except, when there is a big battle, he takes an extra day. We just had a big carrier battle near Yap in 9/44. Waiting the extra day almost killed me. Yeah, come to think of it, Ithink he is "trying" kill me. [X(]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
User avatar
nashvillen
Posts: 3835
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am
Location: Christiana, TN

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by nashvillen »

rjopel and I have been playing for about 2.5 years ourselves. We are near the end of March 1944. We try to get a turn or two a day done, but some days none and some days, when the stars and moon are aligned right we can get a whole week done in a day.
Image
User avatar
Miller
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 am
Location: Ashington, England.

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Miller »

Canoerebel and Myself often did 6-7 turns a day in our game, and throw in 2 day turns and we managed to complete the game (I surrendered in April 45) in just under a year.
User avatar
Canoerebel
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:21 pm
Location: Northwestern Georgia, USA
Contact:

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Canoerebel »

That's right. It was an intoxicating ride in which I found myself about a year behind in real life. I'm still trying to get my yard mowing caught up. Thirty-nine inch grass is challenging...
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Commander Stormwolf
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Commander Stormwolf »


Well Adso,

you have also taken a week once to do a turn

--> let's just say there are many things to be done


it takes a while to find ways around the really annoying / limiting
aspects of managing the japanese side (it takes a lot longer than allies..)

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
Buck Beach
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Upland,CA,USA

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Buck Beach »

ORIGINAL: tc464

I talk to the ex-wife...

Image

It keeps the rage at the proper level.

NO,no,no,no, never, never never!!!

She might find away to get back into my (or your) life in some way and start the hell all over again. I think the alcoholic beverages is a much better way to pass the time away. Even a hangover is less painful.

Buck
User avatar
adsoul64
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Milan Italy

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by adsoul64 »

Well Commander, that's never happened I'm afraid you're a little bit confused. But the real problem is not with your delays, but with communications. IMHO it's just a matter of politeness introducing himself or saying "I'm sorry but I won't be able to send my turn until...". Only my opinion of course
User avatar
larryfulkerson
Posts: 43070
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ,usa,sol, milkyway
Contact:

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by larryfulkerson »

"*by the way: who can guess the movie?"

Here's Kate Beckinsale from THAT movie.

Image
Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (118.69 KiB) Viewed 307 times
F16 Takeoff in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeinGOyKQGQ

10 Things Vietnam Lieutenants Never Told the Men They Led
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2YF3Hdhfzg
User avatar
CyrusSpitama
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:36 am
Location: Naw'lins, Luzianna

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by CyrusSpitama »

Larry, while I cannot find any fault with the picture you posted and in fact, would like to expound upon it, I shall refrain :) Pretty sure Commander was referring to the movie in his pic he posted.
Been quite a while since I watched it but, isn't that a scene from Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels? Regardless, it triggers a Guy Ritchie memory cell.
"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke
User avatar
jeffk3510
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by jeffk3510 »

Larry, I like your style.

You're cool in my book.

Lovely pic.[&o]
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.
Commander Stormwolf
Posts: 1623
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:11 pm

RE: Checking Mailbox For PBEM Turn

Post by Commander Stormwolf »


Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels it is..

also having a look at new correct production model -
just starting the scenario, but at some point will have have to worry about running out of aluminum
if the USN makes a good blockade

- 1946 would probably have been the japs making tsurugis, biplanes, and low grade wooden copies
of their fighters iirc



Image
Attachments
aluminumpool.jpg
aluminumpool.jpg (112.43 KiB) Viewed 307 times
"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”