Motherland help

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
B52g
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Youngstown, Ohio, United States

Motherland help

Post by B52g »

I finally got around to playing the motherland campaign. I was mopping the floor with the Germans using my KV-1'S ( A bunch of those and some infantry, and there isnt much the Germans can do about it) and I was having a good old time, until..... I played the battle where you raid the ammo dump with the cossaks. Either I dont understand the objective or something is wrong. The battle says 18 turns, but as soon as I take everything, the computer stops and declares a draw before I can retreat. (If thats what I am supposed to do) Has anybody gotten around this and gotten a decisive victory? I have played this thing about five times, never lost a man, and keep getting draws. Advice would be appreciated.
John
B52g
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Youngstown, Ohio, United States

Post by B52g »

Bump
John
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Hello B52g!

It's been a while since I played this one but if I recall you leave one objective retreat most of you force than grab the objective. You don't want to grab all of them before most of your forces have retreated. I remember while I was testing this campaign for Wild Bill it took me a few try's to get it right. Image I hope this helps you out.

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://members.tripod.com/tankhead__1
Tankhead

Image
B52g
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Youngstown, Ohio, United States

Post by B52g »

Thanks Tankhead! I will have to try that. I should have played it a while ago, but there is soo much new stuff comming from you guys I cant keep up anymore ( If I want to stay married, that is) Thanks!
John
Grimm
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Post by Grimm »

I too really thought I did well only to get a draw. Where did it say you have to retreat and where do you retreat to?
Its what you do
and not what you say
If you're not part of the future
then get out of the way
hhsohn
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Walnut, California, USA

Post by hhsohn »

I think there was one V-hex that can be retaken in the back. I think if you leave that alone until most of your units retreat off the map, I think it'll be okay.
rexmonday
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2000 8:00 am

Post by rexmonday »

Personally I don't think I managed to raid all the hexes successfully - IIRC I hit the buildings with bombardments which shook out some of the units, who then rallied and grabbed a hex for the Germans...
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Sorry B-52, I missed this one.

Grab as many objectives as you can, but leave the farthest for the enemy. You can afford to lose one. Begin planning and executing your exit as soon as you can, moving units little by little out of harm's way.

That should keep it going to the end and give you better results. Time as well as objectives is a big factor here.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”