OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
SuluSea
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:13 pm

OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by SuluSea »

Hold onto your hats people in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast. I'm not far from Annapolis myself wishing all in the path the best...



http://www.cnbc.com/id/49578116



Image



"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by fodder »

It's sitting off the coast here now. Not much happening on land today, a little wind and cloudy, yesterday we were lined up with a rain band and got four inches of rain in three hours. I did hear three KA-BOOMS as transformers blew, but the power never went out. As far as down here goes, it's a ho-hum storm.
Image
User avatar
Rising-Sun
Posts: 2248
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Contact:

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by Rising-Sun »

Look like it coming at me, living north of albany about 30mins away. So there no telling how strong this storm will be by the time it get here.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Hold onto your hats people in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast. I'm not far from Annapolis myself wishing all in the path the best...

Keep your head down and stay safe, SuluSea.
Image
User avatar
MineSweeper
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:03 pm
Location: Nags Head, NC

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by MineSweeper »

Feeling the effects now....50mph gusts and about 2 inches of rain so far....not too bad.
Taking out the Labrador to do his business is the worst part atm...
Image


User avatar
zuluhour
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Maryland

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by zuluhour »

Hello Sulu, not far from you (just north of Towson) we are prepared and await the storm.
peace-out
User avatar
JohnDillworth
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by JohnDillworth »

I live in a coastal village on Long Island. I'm on a hill above a harbor. It's a good day to be on the hill. I work in NYC. I have a meeting with the FDNY Chief of Operations for NYC at 3PM Monday. I suspect the Chief will be busy and my meeting will be canceled. Forecast stays as predicted I won't make it in anyway. Might be candles , lights and books for a couple of days though...oh, and wine, we have wine.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
tc464
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:33 pm
Location: Sodom on Potomac

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by tc464 »

I'm in Lorton, VA just south of DC. Got a camp stove, food, water, candles, AR-15 ready to go. Just waiting to shoot me some looters [:D]
User avatar
SuluSea
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:13 pm

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by SuluSea »

Thanks guys! [:)]

As many know the latest forecast has the Jersey Shore and coastal areas of New York getting the worst of the storm surge. I'm wishing you guys the best.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
floydg
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:08 pm
Location: Middletown, NJ

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by floydg »

Yeah, here on the NJ coast, we're ready to get slammed...
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
User avatar
DOCUP
Posts: 3134
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by DOCUP »

Good luck guys.  Rainy here in WVA expecting snow and ice.
House Stark
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 pm

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by House Stark »

I'm in Maryland just outside DC. Currently in the middle-intensity range on all the storm tracking graphs, so I have no idea whether its going to be a lot of rain, or a lot of rain with sustained high winds. I hope Pepco (power utility) is ready; they can't claim ignorance of the storm this time around like they usually do.
User avatar
joey
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by joey »

I am in Delaware where just about every model is saying the eye should pass over Monday night. Should be an interesting next few days.
Natali
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: Ocatillo Land

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by Natali »

I live in the desert and always wanted to know what having real weather would be like. Then I see things like this and change my mind.
Surely do hope everybody comes through safe and sound.
User avatar
joey
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by joey »

I have been through a few hurricanes. A lot of wind, rain, and an occasional tornado. Trees fall over, power goes out, and water, water everywhere. Lots of water. The wind is the most incredible. I enjoy going outside and just trying to stand up in the wind. Boy, that is so difficult!
User avatar
Canoerebel
Posts: 21099
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:21 pm
Location: Northwestern Georgia, USA
Contact:

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by Canoerebel »

Good luck to all our AE brethren in the Middle Atlantic states.  I hope Sandy isn't as tough as Bullwinkle's wife (a passing reference to his comment in a One-Eyed-Jacks thread).

Remember Hurricane Camille in 1969?  That lady was still at hurricane force when she reached Memphis, hundreds of miles inland. 

[X(]

Hurricanes are something to behold. 
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
User avatar
MineSweeper
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:03 pm
Location: Nags Head, NC

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq

Post by MineSweeper »

Outer Banks weather update - nearly 12 inches of rain has fallen over the last two days...winds gusting to 60 Mph. Lost power for a about an hour, other than that alls well.

Stay safe for you guys in it's path


Image


User avatar
ilovestrategy
Posts: 3614
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:41 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'Iq

Post by ilovestrategy »

Reminds me of when I was in the Marine Corps on a troop ship in a storm off of Korea. I remember being amazed that sailors get seasick. I was happy because not too many people went to the mess and I got to have seconds and thirds. I don't get seasick so my only problem was keeping my tray and cup from sliding off of the table.

Just how did you Navy boys do that anyway?
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Image
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by denisonh »

Same here, but instead of an AR-15 have an M-1D Garand and Lee-Enfield Mk III SMLE as I am a true WWII adherent.....
ORIGINAL: tc464

I'm in Lorton, VA just south of DC. Got a camp stove, food, water, candles, AR-15 ready to go. Just waiting to shoot me some looters [:D]
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
User avatar
1EyedJacks
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
Location: Reno, NV

RE: OT...Here comes 'Frankenstorm'

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Good luck to all our AE brethren in the Middle Atlantic states.  I hope Sandy isn't as tough as Bullwinkle's wife (a passing reference to his comment in a One-Eyed-Jacks thread).

Remember Hurricane Camille in 1969?  That lady was still at hurricane force when she reached Memphis, hundreds of miles inland. 

[X(]

Hurricanes are something to behold. 

Preferably from a distance. I spent some time in the Philippines around Subic Bay in the early 70s and saw a few typhoons. I think the best place to behold one a hurricane/typhoon is from a place with good weather & sunshine...

TTFN,

Mike
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”