ORIGINAL: obvert
ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
None of us can look ahead and foresee what circumstances might shape this particlar campaign in Burma, but I'm 99% sure John won't think of occupying the line Obvert describes (and it's a great line, so I hope I'm right!). John will focus on defending Schewbo, Mandalay, etc. He might even try to contest the jungle hexes once he figures out what I'm doing.
Well, I won't key him into my thinking, as I'm curious to see what he does himself and how this plays out. [;)]
In all my excitement of watching Burma develop [I am quite partial to Burma [8D] ] I am thinking that CR is pulling off a masterful maskirovka sucking in the IJ's forces into an area easily stalemated if the Allies so desire .. Much like how in chess one can pin a piece from moving because it exposes a more vaulable piece behind ..... then the Allies begin to dismantle where the IJ are not ...
Then again . John is quite agressive .. I am not sure as CR predicts that he can build a defensive line and stalemate .... thus Plan 'A' -- Destruction of Army Group Center .. [8D]
It is fun to watch this play out ..








before settling back on the Prome --Toungoo -- Taung Gvi line ... Also as I expressed before there are two very vulnerable hexes on that line taking 4K plus AV to defend with any vigor .. that can be breached with an investement of armor that CR has promised is yet to come ... 
