Game Settings

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Post Reply
kenright
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 am

Game Settings

Post by kenright »

So I was wondering what game settings you guys tend to play on. I find myself expanding too quickly and becoming unstoppable pretty much right off the bat, because the AI is not quite as aggressive at expanding and everything.

How do you guys set up your games, so that there is challenge but not overbearing challenge?
Bingeling
Posts: 5186
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:42 am

RE: Game Settings

Post by Bingeling »

Overbearing challenge is individual.

I would poke around.

Expansion young. Maybe one step above the lowest tech.
You starting, basic tech.
Hard or Very hard.
Trying or Harsh homeworld for yourself.
Very expensive research.

Keep away from cheap tricks. Excessive tech trading, and such... If you are good, there is a lot to gain from doing things manually. If this is a good description of you, consider automating key parts.
kenright
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 am

RE: Game Settings

Post by kenright »

I realize overbearing challenge is individual, which is why I asked for others settings to see what has worked in the past for them :P

Thank you, I'll try that out next time.
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”