
HITMAN202 versus THEPRO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
TURN 14 ... TURN 14 ... TURN 14
![Image]()


- Attachments
-
- hit.jpg (181.44 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
- sillyflower
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:39 pm
- Location: Back in Blighty
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
It's good to see this remains a family-friendly AAR after all, with both of us posting pictures of our wives
web exchange
Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi
Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi
Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
I hope to remain above reproach. I was completely against this mission from the start. My reputation remains beyond repute.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
TURN 14 .... TURN 14 ... TURN 14 ... TURN 14
Now for the turn. I apoplogize for these unpleasantries. Things happen in war; some good; most bad, Leningrad is toast. Do I wait to kill the Russian scum till winter ??? The Volkov's west bank has almost been cleared,![Image]()

Troops are sent to AGC... Moscow will ...
Now for the turn. I apoplogize for these unpleasantries. Things happen in war; some good; most bad, Leningrad is toast. Do I wait to kill the Russian scum till winter ??? The Volkov's west bank has almost been cleared,

Troops are sent to AGC... Moscow will ...
- Attachments
-
- 141.jpg (489.47 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Moscow will fall. My push to take the city will suceed. THe Russians are breaking down and the front is ready to collapse !!!
![Image]()
- Attachments
-
- 142.jpg (494.62 KiB) Viewed 483 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.

50 miles from the outskirts of Moscow The advance is irresisitable.
- Attachments
-
- 142.jpg (494.62 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
The Donbass will fall. I will completely encircle Stalono and the Soviet hords there.
![Image]()


- Attachments
-
- 143.jpg (415.24 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.

- Attachments
-
- 144.jpg (436.99 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Even the Crimea is toast. The Russian command is falling apart. Maybe OPERATION SILLYFLOWER TERMINATION did suceed.![Image]()


- Attachments
-
- 145.jpg (329.39 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
And the numbers... 100,000 plus Russian casualties this turn
![Image]()


- Attachments
-
- 14stats.jpg (286.34 KiB) Viewed 480 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
- gingerbread
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:25 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
You are bringing the rest of 3rd Pz Gr down to participate in your Moscow offensive, right? And the entire 4th Pz Gr as well?
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
They ain't going on any vacation, my friend. I had 10 Pz up at AGN to do damage. As I said before, Leningrad would not have fallen (IMO) if the 6 AGN div + 4 AGC div hadn't participated. Definitely I would have made more progress in AGC, but it was to my benefit to first take Leningrd.
Imagine the German dilemma without the Finns helping AGN.
Would you wait to clean out Leningrad (permanent loss of 6 div) ???
I did not show the Pz div's location, BTW, to let THEPROS find them.
I don't want to make my job harder or their's easier.
They have been great competitors and I feel fortunate to play them.
Imagine the German dilemma without the Finns helping AGN.
Would you wait to clean out Leningrad (permanent loss of 6 div) ???
I did not show the Pz div's location, BTW, to let THEPROS find them.
I don't want to make my job harder or their's easier.
They have been great competitors and I feel fortunate to play them.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Kill them now and move on.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Kill the Leningrad crap, hows the supply situation way out there on the Don?
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
This was my most diificult turn to date because of 1) the challenges in each AG center (and the crimea) and 2) getting ready for the three weather changes.
My biggest frustration when I was a NEWBIE (not to say I still play like one, occassionally) was I would learn isolated facts, but not have a feel for an organized approach (using the facts.)
vandev has an active War Room discussion on his present blizzard experience, but I want to share some thoughts on planning for it.
All the top players constantly stress that the Germans have to retreat before the Russian onslaught during blizzard . And very few NEWBIES take their advice and prepare for it. I start now (turns 13-14) visualizing where I'll be at the end of winter. Pelton likes to plan a retreat 1 hex a turn in front of Moscow, and 2 hexes a turn south of Tula. So using that as a standard I plan where that might be 10-14 turns down the road.
So I plan what infantry units, under what Army/Corp HQ's, will be holding a sector of the front. I plan 1 unit a hex south of Tula and 2 per hex north up to Lake Lagoda. Now's the time to organize. When the confusion of mud and snow hits as the German attack continues (which it must), that is one less problem to face. Corp's need to be a max out as well as armies. The other HQ's go to weather safe havens. Pelton likes 4-8 of the best infantry units out of the weather to perserve their morale. Against the best Russiand I don;t think it's possible.
I then organize the studs. Not the Pz's (that discussion is coming up) but the Mountain units. They are the studs for the Axis during blizzard. I hold them in reserve and send them either piece meal to the main Russian advances or en masse to break isolation pockets. They total 9 units ..6 German regiments (each of the 2 div with 3 SU's) and 3 Romanians.
Next the Pz. You have roughly 7 Pz/Mech Corp. I put 4 close to divided sectors of the front and 3 in weather safe haven; but close to the front in case of breakthrus.
I reduce all TOES on turn 12-14 to 75%, except for the Pz's and studs. This reduces the horrible impact of blizzard attrition by reducing the troops so exposed.
I then send all SU's to army group HQ (in safe haven) for their protection during blizzard. Their absence affects the infantry/Pz CV little.
I send all planes to reserve and airfields/HQ's to safe havens except 4 units filled with fighters sent to operate in a sector.
As the snow turns pass by, I fan the units out to the density I desire in each sector.
And the Finns hold up north.
Then I pray.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Does sending the air force back really matter one way or the other? I think you really need to commit to having the elite infantry out of the bad weather zone. It makes a huge difference having 86+ morale infantry being able to launch deliberate attacks into the Russian second line of forts (see nylons pic)
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
I don't think you can make hard and fast rules for what you need to do in the blizzard. You should play each game on its own merits. Your blizzard plan should be flexible. Only give up what you have to. If you have done enough hurtin in the summer you should be able to stand firm in some places. I hate these cookie cutter strategies. Adopt what is needed and adapt to the present situation.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
Baelfin, your'e one of the top players, and your opinions are based on more experience. But in regards to the airfields (HQ's fliegercorp), fewer troops exposed to the blizzard means less attrition. Now for the airbases ??? I don't know (they have no troop strength printed on their counter) but I still do it (not by rail.) It's a major pain to do though.
Now the elite infantry. Your spot on, but I think against a team like THEPROS I'll need a safety net for major breakthrus. They will be in safe havens, but close to the front.
By the way, is morale lost during each turn of blizzard (weather zone Pelton
no matter what or is it determined partially by HQ factors ??? If so which ones ???
Now the elite infantry. Your spot on, but I think against a team like THEPROS I'll need a safety net for major breakthrus. They will be in safe havens, but close to the front.
By the way, is morale lost during each turn of blizzard (weather zone Pelton
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
MT, goodness gracious, you are so skilled and instinctive that you can say that. Most new/ intermediate skill players, MT, get their head taken off during blizzard against the best players. To me if you have a plan, whether good or bad, you can make some sort of judgement post mortum ( hopefully not in the literal sense.) I'm very unexperienced in blizzard. I'd rather have a big buffer zone/ large safety net rather than getting 20 divisions isolated.
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
RE: HITMAN202 versus THEP RO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.
I could do HQBUP at Karkov, Kursk and just west of Stalino. I'm at the limit (25 hexes) north of Stalino. It's fine
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.




