Overlord I

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 35

Post by StoneAge »

AC Lost:

10 day bombers lost (6 Heavy) previous high 8 but these where to HAA
2 night bombers lost

Image
Attachments
ac_lost.jpg
ac_lost.jpg (116.94 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 35

Post by StoneAge »

Camp Score:

Just noticed that I picked up 150 "Points for Area Captured" going to need a lot more of those to win.
Image
Attachments
campScore.jpg
campScore.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

Day 36

17th Luftwaffe Troops have bee pulled right back (I wonder if this is a progamed move or because they where orange)
84th Infantry Troops is now based right on top of a PRI AF that is a HAA flak trap. I think they will be off the target list till they move.
21st Panzer Troops are holding
352nd Infantry Troops are Holding

All troops in normandy have picked up Flak Batteries so here comes some real damage as this turn all my bombers are coming in under 25000 to see if I can cause some more damage

Going my way ->
Going his way <-
neutral -

17th Luftwaffe Troops
Combat Value 728 -> 572 -> 473
Disruption 8 -> 26 <- 23
13 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 14 <-18
99 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 <- 100 <- 146
252 x infantry - 252 -> -276 (will need to check this the - seems wrong)
9 X HAA - 9 <- 10
26 x LAA - 26 - 26

121st Panzer Troops
Combat Value 1369 -> 1210 -> 859
Disruption 9 -> 21 -> 31
145 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 168 -> 108
123 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 <- 144 -> 100
149 x infantry <- 182 -> 131
14 X HAA <- 18 <- 19
60 x LAA - 60 <- 63

352nd Infantry Troops
Combat Value 728 -> 541 -> 521
Disruption 8 -> 23 <- 22
13 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 15 -> 12
99 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 -> 98 -> 85
252 x infantry - 252 - 252
9 X HAA -> 5 - 5
26 x LAA -> 23 -> 18

Image
Attachments
damage.jpg
damage.jpg (147.47 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

Day 36 Raid Map

Todays Targets: The germans have been putting up a patrol wall on the coast so today we are leading with FS followed by the heavy's and finally the medium's. My long range kill raid is having a rest as it's fighter cover is being used for FS.

The heavy's are going 2 x B-24 raids down into Normandy and 2 x B-17 raids going to the calais area the B-17's will start out heading towards Normandy, do a 90 degree turn.

Heavy Bomber Rule:
Above 60% Morale
Above 20 Ready Planes (62% of full strenght 32 plane group)

Medium Bomber Rule:
Above 50% Morale (like to try and keep them above 60% if I can)
Above 20 Ready Planes (62% of full strenght 32 plane group)

American Fighter Rule:
Above 60% Morale
Above 30 Ready Planes (62% of full strenght 48 plane group)
Above 15 Ready Planes (62% of full strenght 24 plane group)

British Bomber + Fighter Rule:
Above 15 Ready Planes (62% of full strenght 24 plane group)


Image
Attachments
raidMap.jpg
raidMap.jpg (218.72 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

Mission List:

St.Malo PRI AF (Typhoon attack by 2 Squadrons)

Bryas Sud PRI AF (Mauraders are going to take a pasting hitting this field but he has moved his Flak battery away so hopefully not as bad as they would have, they still have to fly through 20+ HAA. I hope this gives the Germans something to think about move your Flak and I will destroy that PRI AF.

Image
Attachments
MissionList.jpg
MissionList.jpg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
Cripes A Mighty
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:59 pm

RE: Overlord I

Post by Cripes A Mighty »

Thanks again for taking the time to compose and post this AAR. I like hearing about your strategies, and then your analyses for why they may or may not have worked.

I have seen one thing that intrigues me: On 6/3 you destroyed 10 of the Me163 rocket planes. On 6/4, you destroyed 7 more. Did you knock them out of the air, or destroy them on the ground, or a little of both, or what? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks again, and best of luck with your game.
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I

Post by StoneAge »

All the Me163 rocket planes have so far been killed by P-51D's on High Escort (10000 above). The P-51D's have also been the only aircraft to kill Me-262 2 I think the rest have been taken out by his own HAA at his PRI AF. The double edged sword of so much HAA at his PRI AF.
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

Mission Report:

PRI AF bombing today was a total flop mass meduim bomber losses for less than 10% damage , what a waste.

Note to self: Do not use medium bombers to hit PRI AF as they can not fly high enough. Need to test just how low the heavy's can come down lowest at the moment 24900.?

Image
Attachments
MissionReport.jpg
MissionReport.jpg (151.34 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

AC Lost:

Image
Attachments
ac_lost.jpg
ac_lost.jpg (116.36 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 36

Post by StoneAge »

Camp Score:
picked up another 200 easy points for ground held
Image
Attachments
campScore.jpg
campScore.jpg (72.3 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

Day 37:

Not sure how to read this hit the 352 again and disruption goes down but equipement losses go up, Don't hit 17th high disruption losses go up too

17th Luftwaffe Troops
Combat Value 728 -> 572 -> 473 ->362
Disruption 8 -> 26 <- 23 -> 59
13 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 14 <-18 -> 12
99 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 <- 100 <- 146 -> 100
252 x infantry - 252 -> -276 (will need to check this the - seems wrong) - 252
9 X HAA - 9 <- 10 - 10
26 x LAA - 26 - 26 - 26

121st Panzer Troops
Combat Value 1369 -> 1210 -> 859 <- 945
Disruption 9 -> 21 -> 31 <- 10
145 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 168 -> 108 <- 109
123 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 <- 144 -> 100 <- 101
149 x infantry <- 182 -> 131 -> 129
14 X HAA <- 18 <- 19 - 19
60 x LAA - 60 <- 63 -63

352nd Infantry Troops
Combat Value 728 -> 541 -> 521 -> 481
Disruption 8 -> 23 <- 22 <- 11
13 x Pz.Kpfw.IV <- 15 -> 12 -> 10
99 x 10.5cm LeFH 18 -> 98 -> 85 -> 75
252 x infantry - 252 - 252 -> 222
9 X HAA -> 5 - 5 - 5
26 x LAA -> 23 -> 18 - 18

Image
Attachments
damage.jpg
damage.jpg (178.09 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

Mission List:

3 Heavy raids on his Armour this will cause a lot of damaged planes as each armour unit has a flak battery with it and about 20 HAA added to the unit. These attacks must be don as these units have the largest commabat numbers

FB: are going after 3 targets as well alnog the coast.

Image
Attachments
MissionList.jpg
MissionList.jpg (140.43 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

RE: Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

raid map:

BC is doing the isolation of the front by bombing rail.

Image
Attachments
raidMap.jpg
raidMap.jpg (236.37 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

Mission Report:

That was evil, the biggest mistake so far. 100+ bombers bite the big one. Every thing went wrong with these raids the enemy put everything up in patrols near the target, alost every b-17s got damage over the target, His fighters attacked in mass and just blew past any protection, all the damaged straglers where easy pickings, Then mass crash landings.

Image
Attachments
MissionReport.jpg
MissionReport.jpg (151.28 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

AC lost:

94 B-17's Next time I do this I am going to have to be at the B-17 max alt or this will happen again
Image
Attachments
ac_lost.jpg
ac_lost.jpg (123.04 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 37

Post by StoneAge »

Camp Score:

Image
Attachments
campScore.jpg
campScore.jpg (72.03 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 38

Post by StoneAge »

Day 38:
Yesterday Hurt, big morale hit


Image
Attachments
b17.jpg
b17.jpg (112.25 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 38

Post by StoneAge »

B - 24

Image
Attachments
b24.jpg
b24.jpg (98.31 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 38

Post by StoneAge »

Raid Map:

Trying something new
BC are bombing Rail with Amour units sitting on them I hope to have a little damage caused to units near by ie: Armour and flak batteries

FB are continueing to hit troops

Heavy's today are not going anywhere near a troop unit that has much HAA they are attacking up near calais where the troops only have limited HAA. Maybe I can knock some off these out completely.

Bomber protection is key for the next few days, my fighters are now flying 5 groups on close

The Havoc's and Mauraders are hitting the two PRI AF in the middle just to give him something to chase as the havoc raid yesterday finally had good results shooting down 52 and hitting 36 on the ground.

I do think he will sit on the ground today as he will expect me to FS and pack my raids with fighters
Image
Attachments
raidMap.jpg
raidMap.jpg (250.99 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
User avatar
StoneAge
Posts: 1322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Overlord I - Day 38

Post by StoneAge »

Mission list:

Image
Attachments
MissionList.jpg
MissionList.jpg (208.03 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”