what is "is" or what is "broken"

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
x6ftundx_slith
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2000 10:00 am
Location: fort myers, fla.

what is "is" or what is "broken"

Post by x6ftundx_slith »

I have been playing SPWAW seems like forever but I have always wondered what "Broken" above the flag for the AI means? I figured it just meant that my struggle has turned into a mopping up operation. Does it mean that his morale is worse? he's easier to kill? Do I get better victory points because i've 'broken' him? I never see it on my flag can I be broken?

Commando Solo
Larry Holt
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Atlanta, GA 30068

Post by Larry Holt »

Broken is not specified in the manual so we are left to our experiences to figure it out.

It has been mentioned that this means the enemy morale is broken. In games terms his units are more likely to run than fight. I've noticed that the broken designation can come and go.

------------------
An old soldier but not yet a faded one.
OK, maybe just a bit faded.
Never take counsel of your fears.
orc4hire
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2000 8:00 am
Contact:

Post by orc4hire »

A side is considered broken when a certain percentage (I think it's half, but not sure) of that side's units are destroyed or routed. Morale does seem to suffer, and if one side is broken while the other side holds all the objective hexes the game ends immediately.
AmmoSgt
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Redstone Arsenal Al

Post by AmmoSgt »

Broken 75% of one sides forces are destroyed retreating or routed if they hold no Vhexes the AI ends the game
"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which
Windo von Paene
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue May 16, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by Windo von Paene »

Also, if your force is broken, you will find that your units begin getting supression, even if not fired upon. (At least I noticed this in an earlier version...)
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”