any suggested web sites

Matrix Games and Simulations Canada combine and completely remake two classic NATO vs. Warsaw Pact wargames into a new classic. Based on the original wargames “Main Battle Tank: North Germany” and “Main Battle Tank: Central Germany”, Flashpoint Germany is a new grand tactical wargame of modern combat. Every aspect of modern grand tactical warfare is included, from advanced armor, air and helicopters to chemical and tactical nuclear weapons. Step into the most dangerous war.. . that never was.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Post Reply
Paul Wykes
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:00 am
Location: UK

any suggested web sites

Post by Paul Wykes »

Hello all,

I asked some time ago about suggested reading materials. thanks for all the responses.

Now, how about associated web sites.

I know about www.fas.org.

Are there any other webs sites that people could suggest to brush on my military hardware and modern warfare tactics.

Web sites for this particular era would be good, or web sites that the developers may be using.

With regard to books, any encyclopedias about military hardware (affordable :) )

Thanks for any responses
PW
DavidW75
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:10 pm
Location: Alabama

Post by DavidW75 »

Hey Paul I don't know how much help you need with those tactics :mad:

If you want some vehicle info Jane's has their Combat Vehicle Recognition Guide. It's not too bad. As far as any info dealing with the "Cold War", most books are long out of print. You can find them from places like Barnes & Noble, etc. I picked up a couple around Christmas.
BTW along those lines, anybody interested in a good WWIII read should try and find a copy of Steven Zeloga's(never can spell his name right) Red Thrust.
"I ain't never been nothing but a winner" Paul W. 'Bear' Bryant
Paul Wykes
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:00 am
Location: UK

Post by Paul Wykes »

Thanks for those suggestions.

Perhaps I should scan the second hand bookshops

Perhaps I`ve been lucky on the tactics front;)

Paul
User avatar
IronManBeta
Posts: 4014
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Brantford, Ontario
Contact:

Re: any suggested web sites

Post by IronManBeta »

Originally posted by Paul Wykes
Hello all,

I asked some time ago about suggested reading materials. thanks for all the responses.

Now, how about associated web sites.

I know about www.fas.org.

Are there any other webs sites that people could suggest to brush on my military hardware and modern warfare tactics.

Web sites for this particular era would be good, or web sites that the developers may be using.

With regard to books, any encyclopedias about military hardware (affordable :) )

Thanks for any responses
PW



I found a bunch months ago (and managed to lose some of the bookmarks) but try these:

www.russianwarrior.com
www.sovietarmy.com
www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground
www.rjlee.org/othmil.html
hometown.aol.com/threatmstr/firespt.htm

Also, if you go to Google and search for "US Army FM" you will get a ton of references to the US Field Manuals which are a trove of info.

Beyond that you just have to be creative with Google. If you look at these sites you will see certain fairly unique words or phrases. If you search on those words you will find a lot of related sites quickly.

Good luck! Rob.
Paul Wykes
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:00 am
Location: UK

Thanks

Post by Paul Wykes »

Thanks for those links.

I`ll enjoy the rest of the weekend reading them.
Post Reply

Return to “FlashPoint Germany”