Film Quotes
Moderator: maddog986
RE: Film Quotes
From another 80's mini-classic:
[Person 1 is tearing up books]
Person 2: That's real intelligent.
Person 1: You're right. It's wrong to destroy literature. It's such fun to read. And [examines title] Moe-Lay really pumps my nads.
Person 3: Moliere.
[Person 1 is tearing up books]
Person 2: That's real intelligent.
Person 1: You're right. It's wrong to destroy literature. It's such fun to read. And [examines title] Moe-Lay really pumps my nads.
Person 3: Moliere.
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Film Quotes
The Breakfast Club, I believe.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Film Quotes
warspite1ORIGINAL: **budd**
The Breakfast Club, I believe.
Is the correct answer [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Film Quotes
warspite1ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: fodder
ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1
And another correct answer [:)]
So what about?
They got the Rose an' Crown
Battle of Britain
Indeed - classic line from a classic film.
Let's try:
I can't believe I did this. *I can't believe I did this!* Mother would be so furious. That's OK though, I mean what she doesn't know won't kill her. Oh my gosh. This would kill her. *This is so fun!* I, am a horrible daughter. I'm going back. *I am never going back!* I am a despicable human being. *Woo-hoo! Best. Day. Ever!* [Sobs]
Clearly no one is going to get this - I win, huzzah!! [:)]
You will all no doubt kick yourselves...[:D]
Its Disney's Tangled [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: **budd**
Ok here's another couple quotes, both from the same movie.
" Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
Probably not.
No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
thought mine was easy...nobody guessed so far.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Film Quotes
warspite1ORIGINAL: **budd**
ORIGINAL: **budd**
Ok here's another couple quotes, both from the same movie.
" Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
Probably not.
No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood"
thought mine was easy...nobody guessed so far.
Obviously not - what about a clue?
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Film Quotes
Another couple same movie
" Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!"
#1-We should mate.
#2: What?
#1: Date! We should date some time. Socially. Go out and kick it.
[#2 retches, then forces it down]
#1: Are you okay?
#2: I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
#1: In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it... *in a book*.
" Son, you're about as useful as a poopy-flavored lollipop!"
#1-We should mate.
#2: What?
#1: Date! We should date some time. Socially. Go out and kick it.
[#2 retches, then forces it down]
#1: Are you okay?
#2: I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
#1: In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it... *in a book*.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: fodder
ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
Damn that sounds so familiar.
Here are 2 more from the same film:
"Who are those guys?"
"My name is Woodcock, and I work for E.H. Harriman of the Union Pacific Railway."
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid
Yeah, the E. H. Harriman is a dead giveaway also "Who are those guys?"
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
RE: Film Quotes
Interesting that everyone thinks that the quote that they have posted is so easy and that everyone should know it. That's because we all know where our own quotes came from, I guess.
Anyway two of my quotes have been correctly identified, two have not, time for some clues.
"This is where we separate the men from the boys"
Is in four movies that I know of, two of which are war movies that should be known to you forumites.
"Into each life a little rain must fall"
This quote is also in four movies that I know of, one of the movies it is in is the same as the above quote.
One actor used these quotes in six of the eight movies I was looking for. He used both quotes in one movie.
In that one movie, the quote "This is where we separate the men from the boys" was followed by "Saddle Up!".
Name the one movie.
Anyway two of my quotes have been correctly identified, two have not, time for some clues.
"This is where we separate the men from the boys"
Is in four movies that I know of, two of which are war movies that should be known to you forumites.
"Into each life a little rain must fall"
This quote is also in four movies that I know of, one of the movies it is in is the same as the above quote.
One actor used these quotes in six of the eight movies I was looking for. He used both quotes in one movie.
In that one movie, the quote "This is where we separate the men from the boys" was followed by "Saddle Up!".
Name the one movie.

- Jevhaddah_Slitherine
- Posts: 627
- Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 am
- Location: Scotland
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: fodder
Interesting that everyone thinks that the quote that they have posted is so easy and that everyone should know it. That's because we all know where our own quotes came from, I guess.
Anyway two of my quotes have been correctly identified, two have not, time for some clues.
"This is where we separate the men from the boys"
Is in four movies that I know of, two of which are war movies that should be known to you forumites.
"Into each life a little rain must fall"
This quote is also in four movies that I know of, one of the movies it is in is the same as the above quote.
One actor used these quotes in six of the eight movies I was looking for. He used both quotes in one movie.
In that one movie, the quote "This is where we separate the men from the boys" was followed by "Saddle Up!".
Name the one movie.
Chuckle, the quote I posted is very obscure, for some reason it stuck in my head years ago and I have won many beerz in the pup over it. [8D]
Cheers
Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: fodder
Interesting that everyone thinks that the quote that they have posted is so easy and that everyone should know it. That's because we all know where our own quotes came from, I guess.
Anyway two of my quotes have been correctly identified, two have not, time for some clues.
"This is where we separate the men from the boys"
Is in four movies that I know of, two of which are war movies that should be known to you forumites.
"Into each life a little rain must fall"
This quote is also in four movies that I know of, one of the movies it is in is the same as the above quote.
One actor used these quotes in six of the eight movies I was looking for. He used both quotes in one movie.
In that one movie, the quote "This is where we separate the men from the boys" was followed by "Saddle Up!".
Name the one movie.
Sans of Iwo Jima?
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
ORIGINAL: fodder
Interesting that everyone thinks that the quote that they have posted is so easy and that everyone should know it. That's because we all know where our own quotes came from, I guess.
Anyway two of my quotes have been correctly identified, two have not, time for some clues.
"This is where we separate the men from the boys"
Is in four movies that I know of, two of which are war movies that should be known to you forumites.
"Into each life a little rain must fall"
This quote is also in four movies that I know of, one of the movies it is in is the same as the above quote.
One actor used these quotes in six of the eight movies I was looking for. He used both quotes in one movie.
In that one movie, the quote "This is where we separate the men from the boys" was followed by "Saddle Up!".
Name the one movie.
Sans of Iwo Jima?
A guess, a weak guesss as it's missing the 'D'. None the less a correct guess.
John Wayne used both quotes in "Sands of Iwo Jima".

RE: Film Quotes
A nice easy one to end the weekend on:
Person 1: Give me a ping, Person 2. One ping only, please.
Person 1: Give me a ping, Person 2. One ping only, please.
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: warspite1
A nice easy one to end the weekend on:
Person 1: Give me a ping, Person 2. One ping only, please.
The hunt for red october

RE: Film Quotes
OK, I answered an easy one, I'll give a real easy one.
"We're on a mission from god"
"We're on a mission from god"

RE: Film Quotes
blues brother's if i remember correctly
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Film Quotes
Alright here's a new one
#1 [crying] Stay away from me.
#2: Why?
#1: I just wanna go back to my room!
#2: Why?
#1: Well, I'm very confused, and I just need time to think things over!
#2: You've had your whole FUCKING LIFE to think things over, what good's a few minutes more gonna do you now?
#1: Please! Don't hurt me!
#2: I'm not gonna hurt you.
#1: Stay away from me!
#2: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.
[Wendy gasps]
#2: Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in! ha ha ha
#1 [crying] Stay away from me.
#2: Why?
#1: I just wanna go back to my room!
#2: Why?
#1: Well, I'm very confused, and I just need time to think things over!
#2: You've had your whole FUCKING LIFE to think things over, what good's a few minutes more gonna do you now?
#1: Please! Don't hurt me!
#2: I'm not gonna hurt you.
#1: Stay away from me!
#2: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.
[Wendy gasps]
#2: Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in! ha ha ha
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde
*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
RE: Film Quotes
ORIGINAL: **budd**
Alright here's a new one
#1 [crying] Stay away from me.
#2: Why?
#1: I just wanna go back to my room!
#2: Why?
#1: Well, I'm very confused, and I just need time to think things over!
#2: You've had your whole FUCKING LIFE to think things over, what good's a few minutes more gonna do you now?
#1: Please! Don't hurt me!
#2: I'm not gonna hurt you.
#1: Stay away from me!
#2: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in.
[Wendy gasps]
#2: Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in! ha ha ha
The Shining

RE: Film Quotes
Another easy one.
#1 What's that?
#2 "What's that, and you wanted to see germans, right!"
#1 What's that?
#2 "What's that, and you wanted to see germans, right!"





