Film Quotes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

"Man...it be a shame when people be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy."
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"You ever get high, Joel?"
warspite1

Risky Business
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Person 1: What's your name again?
Person 2: Person 2.
Person 1: Where are we going?
Person 2: Swimming
warspite1

This is surprising - a seventies classic
warspite1

Really surprised this was not recognised - its the opening sequence from Jaws. Person 2 is Chrissie - who quickly becomes fish food....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"You ever get high, Joel?"
warspite1

Risky Business
Correct.
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: fodder

Here's one that popped into my head.

"don't mind shootin' em' for ya, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sweat over em' for you. "
Surprised no one has answered this one, with all the other movies quoted, I thought this one would be easy. Well, I guess I'll give you some more lines to help you out.

"Bad time for a war"
or
"Who the hell wants to see you dressed"
or maybe
"The least you can do is take off your hat"

Still no guesses!? With all the Eastwood movies already quoted, I was sure one of you would know this. Well, you have one more day.
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Man...it be a shame when people be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy."

Better off Dead
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: fodder

Here's one that popped into my head.

"don't mind shootin' em' for ya, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sweat over em' for you. "
Surprised no one has answered this one, with all the other movies quoted, I thought this one would be easy. Well, I guess I'll give you some more lines to help you out.

"Bad time for a war"
or
"Who the hell wants to see you dressed"
or maybe
"The least you can do is take off your hat"

Still no guesses!? With all the Eastwood movies already quoted, I was sure one of you would know this. Well, you have one more day.

EDITED:

I said "Fistful of Dollars" with my first post, but I just remembered "Two Mules for Sister Sara." I think the "Who the hell wants to see you dressed" quote is at the very end of the movie. I (vaguely) recognized the "...I'll be damned if I'll sweat over them for 'ya" line too.
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: fodder



Surprised no one has answered this one, with all the other movies quoted, I thought this one would be easy. Well, I guess I'll give you some more lines to help you out.

"Bad time for a war"
or
"Who the hell wants to see you dressed"
or maybe
"The least you can do is take off your hat"

Still no guesses!? With all the Eastwood movies already quoted, I was sure one of you would know this. Well, you have one more day.

EDITED:

I said "Fistful of Dollars" with my first post, but I just remembered "Two Mules for Sister Sara." I think the "Who the hell wants to see you dressed" quote is at the very end of the movie. I (vaguely) recognized the "...I'll be damned if I'll sweat over them for 'ya" line too.

Yes, Two Mules for Sister Sara
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: fodder




Still no guesses!? With all the Eastwood movies already quoted, I was sure one of you would know this. Well, you have one more day.

EDITED:

I said "Fistful of Dollars" with my first post, but I just remembered "Two Mules for Sister Sara." I think the "Who the hell wants to see you dressed" quote is at the very end of the movie. I (vaguely) recognized the "...I'll be damned if I'll sweat over them for 'ya" line too.

Yes, Two Mules for Sister Sara

I struggle to remember this movie, as it has always rankled me as "The Man with no Name" with an dose of the warm fuzzies. Kind of perverts the character a bit, IMO.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"

No thoughts on this one yet? One of my favorite movies growing up.
Image
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: Film Quotes

Post by wodin »

Caligula..pure guess
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"

No thoughts on this one yet? One of my favorite movies growing up.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Caligula..pure guess
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"

No thoughts on this one yet? One of my favorite movies growing up.
[:D] Definitely not Caligula...
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"
warspite1

Mary Poppins
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"
warspite1

Mary Poppins

You aren't very good at this game, are you? [:'(][:-]

No. Not Mary Poppins.
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

"Was it a dream where you're on the top of a giant pyramid dressed in Sun God robes and a naked women around you are throwing pickles at you?"
warspite1

Mary Poppins

You aren't very good at this game, are you? [:'(][:-]

No. Not Mary Poppins.
warspite1

Oh... was I close?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

Um...yes. Yes, you were oh so very very close. Do try again.
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

You should never ask a man what he's doing when he takes a shovel into the desert!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

You should never ask a man what he's doing when he takes a shovel into the desert!
Are you guessing mine or is that a quote of yours?
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: warspite1

You should never ask a man what he's doing when he takes a shovel into the desert!
Are you guessing mine or is that a quote of yours?
warspite1

This is a quote of mine - and it's not from Mary Poppins
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Um...yes. Yes, you were oh so very very close. Do try again.
warspite1

Free Willy?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”