Space Hulk?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

Space Hulk?

Post by wodin »

Anyone bought it yet? Whats your thoughts?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242570/
Ranger33
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by Ranger33 »

Everything I've seen seems to indicate that it's okay, but not worth $30. There were no advance copies sent out for reviews, so it's hard to say based on forum comments. I'm holding out for the iPad version either way.

Has anyone here played the card game? I've seen it mentioned in several forums as being quite fun. You can play solo which is very cool. I think I'm going to get it just for the novelty of having something that geeky in my apartment, and playing of course.

Edit: Just ordered the card game, then browsed through all the other similar games on Amazon. I didn't realize there were so many interesting card and board games out there.
User avatar
JagdPantherI
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by JagdPantherI »

It looks cool.
User avatar
jjax
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:42 am

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by jjax »

If anyone is interested in more info:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08 ... Shotgun%29

Looks like lots of issues, probably not worth 30 bucks. But if the game goes on a crazy sale, who know.
--JJAX

User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by wodin »

Seems expensive. It is getting mixed reviews and the RPS article seems harsh..as some have said in the comments below. The price keeps me away. 12 missions, no map generator etc would be what it needed for me to consider it. Especially when Alien Assault is free and AA2 is being developed which sounds superb so far. You can have a say in development over at their forums.



http://www.teardown.se/
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It's pure fan service, absolute down to the tee recreation of the original game. Highly frustrating, as per the boardgame, but I don't feel like I've wasted my €27.99.

I can come up with precisely ONE technical issue that I have a problem with. Everything else is the game and the dice hating me.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by Dixie »

It's considerably cheaper than the latest version of the boardgame. I might be interested the next time a sale comes around.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Space Hulk?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

That's the conclusion in my review. It's too expensive for the amount of content provided. Works perfectly well, but there's not enough of it.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”