v1.07.11 WitE Public Beta Now Available
Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Restarted a new game (1941 campaign) as the Soviet's v AI. I have noticed that the soviet air losses in 1941 are much less than in previous versions. Has anyone else noticed this?
- jayemcee555
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 pm
- Location: Ireland
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
As a complete noob at this game,having only played versus the AI,I must adm[:(]it I'm confused about the "super Lvov pocket" fix.I just downloaded the beta patch and can get a German panzer division to x61 y94 where it can attack the 97th NKVD border reg't which is on x60 y95. On the human Soviet turn,this hex shows 100% rail damage,which stops soviet units from being railed to safety. Or was this not the basis of the "super Lvov pocket"??
To jamesm.......i did a very quick axis air attack turn and took out about 1700 soviet aircraft,which is up to 1000 down on my usual results( albeit in 4 games on normal v soviet AI)
To jamesm.......i did a very quick axis air attack turn and took out about 1700 soviet aircraft,which is up to 1000 down on my usual results( albeit in 4 games on normal v soviet AI)
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Yes, and then the Southern Front is released to retreat...and the fix prevents a transRumanian shuttle of panzers...
- Bozo_the_Clown
- Posts: 890
- Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 pm
- Location: Bozotown
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Restarted a new game (1941 campaign) as the Soviet's v AI. I have noticed that the soviet air losses in 1941 are much less than in previous versions. Has anyone else noticed this?
Nope, I just did the air war in a new game and got 3200 planes destroyed without doing anything special or following any guidelines. Maybe you forgot to change the setting for "Percent required to fly?"
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Hi,
Any chance to see this patch becoming an official one in a short time?
I usually play server games, and the server only supports the last official (not beta) patch.
Any chance to see this patch becoming an official one in a short time?
I usually play server games, and the server only supports the last official (not beta) patch.
- gingerbread
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:25 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
ORIGINAL: Radagy
Hi,
Any chance to see this patch becoming an official one in a short time?
I usually play server games, and the server only supports the last official (not beta) patch.
You can use any version you and your opponent want when playing on the server. The server only handles your saves, not the .exe.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Ah, thanks, I tought the server made a check on the file version.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
It makes a check on the file version but you can ignore their advice and continue with the newer code without problems.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
ok. As far as you know, is it possible to keep two different executables installed on my PC? I would like to test the new patch without completely overriding the official patch.
May be I could install it in a separate directory, like I did with WITP?
Thanks a lot for the help. [:)]
May be I could install it in a separate directory, like I did with WITP?
Thanks a lot for the help. [:)]
- Bozo_the_Clown
- Posts: 890
- Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 pm
- Location: Bozotown
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
What happens if one player uses 1.07.08 and the other players uses 1.07.10?
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
It won't work due to the
The guy with .08 will not be able to load the game saved under .10
Code: Select all
V1.07.03– March 15, 2013
• New Features and Rule Changes
1. Change in Save Game Structure – Games that are saved using a 1.07.00 version or later are saved in such a way that they may only be loaded successfully by a 1.07.00 or later version. This change was made to eliminate the potential of players using earlier versions of the game to take advantage of possible exploits..The guy with .08 will not be able to load the game saved under .10
- Bozo_the_Clown
- Posts: 890
- Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:51 pm
- Location: Bozotown
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
I have 1.07.10 installed. But when I get the file back from my opponent the Event Log shows File Version 1.07.08 at the bottom of the page.
Seems weird.
Seems weird.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Maybe I have misunderstood the feature and it is applied only for saves under older version than 1.07.00.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
I thought crossing two different versions in the same PBEM game was not allowed.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Both players should use the same .exe version to avoid possible issues.
And yes, the savegame loading applies to pre-1.07 versions
And yes, the savegame loading applies to pre-1.07 versions
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
- gingerbread
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:25 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Well, with an .08 & .10 combo, the main effect is that the logistics phases will be run on different version of the code. You will run his logistics and vice versa.
If the Soviet player is using the .08, it should not matter that much since the Germans have a NM above 50. If the Axis player is running the .08, then the Soviets player will have the slightly older morale rules that is a benefit - 15% to increase vs 10% and possible to train up to 50.
If the Soviet player is using the .08, it should not matter that much since the Germans have a NM above 50. If the Axis player is running the .08, then the Soviets player will have the slightly older morale rules that is a benefit - 15% to increase vs 10% and possible to train up to 50.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
ORIGINAL: 821Bobo
Maybe I have misunderstood the feature and it is applied only for saves under older version than 1.07.00.
I am on 1.07.10 but when I log into multiplayer it says a newer version, 1.07.08 is available. Kind of weird, not sure if it actually means anything.
- Joel Billings
- Posts: 33776
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Santa Rosa, CA
- Contact:
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
That's because the server assumes the last official version is the latest version. Public beta users will always get this message.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
-- Soren Kierkegaard
- Erik Rutins
- Posts: 39783
- Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Vermont, USA
- Contact:
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
Please note that the first post has been updated to the new .11 public beta change list, which is now available in the Members Club.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/
Freedom is not Free.
RE: New v1.07.10 Public Beta Now Available
please fix the first sentence, the new version does not contain tons of Bugs but Bugfixes ...... at least I hope so.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)






